Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nothing to aspire to...

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Just noticed I passed the 7k mark. There were no fireworks, dancing, girls, or fanfare of any kind. Heck, I wasn't even greeted by the village idiot (due to the fact he recently got banned).

Shirley, there has got to be some additional colored stars available. Don't tell me your crayon box only has like 6 colors in it. If so, your momma is cheap and needs to spring for a bigger box.

I propose some new stars for those who have painted the walls of our house of text with their thoughts, queries (spell check didn't like how I had spelled it with Idol in mind), reviews, news, stories, laughs, challenges, and even the prolonged tail droppings. Those members deserve some additional recognition, IMO.

How about (in order, I think)...

Legend 10k
    Pioneer 15k
    Godlike 20k
    Forum God 30k
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Legend 10k
    Pioneer 15k
    Godlike 20k
    Forum God 30k
    A previous forum I'm on installed these classes, and then removed the equivalent of the current veteran class. The mods then gave the veteran class to people as a sort of VIP treatment. They kept giving them to anyone who would (per your example) almost hit the Legend 10k threshold. It made for some awesome hilarity when even with new classes, everything stayed the exact same.
    Ellipses go here.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Were the classes exactly the same as the names I came up with? I pulled them entirely out of my head because I thought they were decent enough to suggest. It would give me a pretty solid laugh if they were all being used (or, as you said, not used) somewhere.

I'm certainly open to other suggestions for the classes. I just think there should be something more. 5k for some of the old timers is NOTHING. Just the same as some of us change our avys and sigys on a regular basis- simply to keep things not so stale, an extension of the classes would be worthwhile.

EDIT- I'm not suggesting any kind of VIP treatment. That would be a different request, and not one I'd necessarily back, TBH.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 03-10-2012 at 08:20 AM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I want a VIP class, but I want the credentials to be that you have the exact same post count as mjmacky. It should shift with my post count. Also, I want special treatment, like the power to post as other members.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Just noticed I passed the 7k mark. There were no fireworks, dancing, girls, or fanfare of any kind. Heck, I wasn't even greeted by the village idiot (due to the fact he recently got banned).

Shirley, there has got to be some additional colored stars available. Don't tell me your crayon box only has like 6 colors in it. If so, your momma is cheap and needs to spring for a bigger box.

I propose some new stars for those who have painted the walls of our house of text with their thoughts, queries (spell check didn't like how I had spelled it with Idol in mind), reviews, news, stories, laughs, challenges, and even the prolonged tail droppings. Those members deserve some additional recognition, IMO.

How about (in order, I think)...

Legend Still able to pass off it off as merely being overly gregarious 10k
    Pioneer Becoming a serious problem 15k
    Godlike Time for an intervention 20k
    Forum God Last bathed 2007 30k
    40K is a toss up between Contemplating suicide and Considers Mary a close and personal friend
    Over 50K you get to kill any other member no questions asked.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-10-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Perhaps anyone over 10k posts could receive an electronic shocking device similar to a stun-gun which would be triggered by their placing of an additional post. While not all individuals would be smart enough to make the external stimuli connection, and would continue to post once regaining consciousness, others may eventually realize the err of their ways.

Nice twist on the classes, Idol. Gave me a really good early mourning laugh.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Well, that's not something really hard to create, it's easily modifiable.

But look at it on a newbie's PoV : what all these colors mean? What's the difference, say, between pinks and cyan? Who is staff and who is not?
    Last edited by Cabalo; 03-10-2012 at 03:43 PM.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

But look at it on a newbie's PoV : what all these colors mean? What's the difference, say, between pinks and cyan? Who is staff and who is not?
    Yes I can see that there might be some problems associated with being stupid.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Well, that's not something really hard to create, it's easily modifiable.

Doesn't have to be a different color for all, grey stars could remain and only the title would change.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Doesn't have to be a different color for all, grey stars could remain and only the title would change.
    That might work, then nobody would have to get their mom to buy more crayons. Win/Win.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast