Thread: Suggested Add-on For Bittorrent

Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    Is it possible to have a pinger for bittorrent so when your connecting to peers on a torrent file it will ping maybe 10-20 users depending on your connection and find the fastest users? files would go around even faster and nomore 1kb/s download for 2gb files.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    but if everyone used it, then youd be in the same boat you are now...it wouldnt really work much i doubt, cos at the moment, you will get to dl from the fast users, just maybe you have to wait in queue a couple of mins. - i know i never have any trouble maxing out my connection with BT
    <insert signature here>

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I think now who you connect to is random, either is be a 56k or a T3 user. I could be wrong though.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    i think this is right, but you keep adding uploaders until you cant dl anymore, dont you? you connect to as many people as you can handle?
    <insert signature here>

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    no I dont max out on uploads and I cant control on who I DL from the program just connects to them.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    1kb/s download for 2gb files.
    WTF are you on?
    I get 57kb/s on a 5gb file. Dam, you on 56k

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@20 November 2003 - 11:59
    i think this is right, but you keep adding uploaders until you cant dl anymore, dont you? you connect to as many people as you can handle?
    This is correct, pretty much. If you are onlt getting 1kb down on most everything no matter how long you leave it open you are doing something wrong. Aswell this add on does not make much sense, because you do not control who you connect to, no one really does, but the oplaoder usually will have it set to how many people can connect to him, so you have to wait in line for each person, this goes by share rating (in theory) not by first come first serve.

From what I understand of bittorent (basic understanding)

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    muchspl2
    shad0ws is the best addon for bittorrent

and you must be 56k if you only get 1-5k look into opening ports if your behind a router

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Originally posted by muchspl2@22 November 2003 - 01:23

and you must be 56k if you only get 1-5k look into opening ports if your behind a router
    more like 1mb and I do use shad0w&#39;s and I can but rarely max out my connection on bittorrent

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by muchspl2@22 November 2003 - 01:23

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~hamilton/btclientconfig.html