Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thebox banning people with seedboxes?

zaxxonite's Avatar Poster
    Next time put your torrents into a Ratio Group of 4.0.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Ive never heard of or seen any site banning people for sharing too much. Sites always cry out for people to share share share. To ban someone for it? Wow.
    If they have some amount in mind they should make it clear or cut you off and tell you hey, thats enough.

What do the acheive by life banning people? nothing. I understand for repeated breaking of mysterious rules..but for seesing heaps and making a site faster?

Hell, i would have donated a heap of ratio to any user that asked.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by crows2013 View Post
    Ive never heard of or seen any site banning people for sharing too much. Sites always cry out for people to share share share. To ban someone for it? Wow.
    If they have some amount in mind they should make it clear or cut you off and tell you hey, thats enough.

What do the acheive by life banning people? nothing. I understand for repeated breaking of mysterious rules..but for seesing heaps and making a site faster?

But in reality you're not really sharing as sharing assumes a certain degree of magnanimity and loss.I would say by strict definition you're hoarding and any benefit to anyone but yourself is strictly collateral damage.

Anyway since my sad tale of soup kitchen wankery was apparently entirely lost on you...

There's this school, see and the teacher because she's none too bright decides to put out this great big ginormous cake for all the children to share in.
    Well wouldn't you know it but no sooner had she put it out than Fat Fred who's much bigger than the other students (owing to the fact he's stupid and so has been left back several times even though it's only 3rd Grade) grabs as much of the cake as he can in his grubby little hands and then decides if anyone wants cake they will have to go through him first.

"Here" I'll share my cake with you.Just be damn sure to thank me" mumbles Fred through his fat mouth overstuffed with chocolaty goodness.

He also insists they kiss his feet but only the boys as Fred is apparently besides being a bully,also gay.

Btw again out of curiosity as I'm sure you're disagreeing with my about your lack of magnanimity,how long on average do you "share" your seedbox torrent with other people.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster
    To be fair there has been numerous warnings on TheBox about it for over 12 months.Not my kinda site but this hardly came out of the blue.

Zaxxonite 's post above gives you the answer.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    anigav's Avatar Dicks-lexic
    Did you ever inform thebox that you are using a seedbox?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Pedro's had rules disallowing ratios higher than 3.0 (I think). SceneFZ doesn't allow you to cross-seed something you downloaded elsewhere.

Rampant overseeding and going crazy with your seedbox makes it harder for those who don't do that to keep a good ratio, see.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

But in reality you're not really sharing as sharing assumes a certain degree of magnanimity and loss.I would say by strict definition you're hoarding and any benefit to anyone but yourself is strictly collateral damage.

Anyway since my sad tale of soup kitchen wankery was apparently entirely lost on you...

There's this school, see and the teacher because she's none too bright decides to put out this great big ginormous cake for all the children to share in.
    Well wouldn't you know it but no sooner had she put it out than Fat Fred who's much bigger than the other students (owing to the fact he's stupid and so has been left back several times even though it's only 3rd Grade) grabs as much of the cake as he can in his grubby little hands and then decides if anyone wants cake they will have to go through him first.

"Here" I'll share my cake with you.Just be damn sure to thank me" mumbles Fred through his fat mouth overstuffed with chocolaty goodness.

He also insists they kiss his feet but only the boys as Fred is apparently besides being a bully,also gay.

Btw again out of curiosity as I'm sure you're disagreeing with my about your lack of magnanimity,how long on average do you "share" your seedbox torrent with other people.

I dont have any set times.
    When im the original uploader i usually send out 5 complete copies for something..im not always watching.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    To be fair there has been numerous warnings on TheBox about it for over 12 months.Not my kinda site but this hardly came out of the blue.

Zaxxonite 's post above gives you the answer.
    I wasnt a member 12 months ago.
    I joined a day before. Read teh upload rules, read the faq. There was no mention about how much you could or couldnt upload. there was something in the forum that suggested you didnt go over 4.0 on free torrents. I didnt download any free torrents. I downloaded 5 non free torrents and let them go and went to bed.
    When i went onto IRC to try sort this problem... they tell me they had made the entire site free at some period during the day.
    They changed the status of the torrents at some stage after i loaded them up. That is incredibly bad luck luck, the user shouldnt be punished for that.
    The 4.0 thing was not in the rules when i signed up.

Now they are telling me it might not have been for over seeding but because i might have been cheating.

Offered to give them login details for my box so they could see for themselves, but they wernt interested.

Weirdest shite ive ever seen.

Ive been given two different reasons, both are total BS.
    Ive done a lot of reading in the last 24 hr and this seems to be a common problem at that site.

Please note, i am not rubbishing them, i just think what they did was a little...off
    Last edited by crows2013; 05-07-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    If the subject is TheBox staff then they are a very poor crew. The very reason I went inactive there.Not surprised they invented things as they went along.
    Last edited by stan; 05-07-2013 at 10:44 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Just wanted to mention that thebox is a bit over-seeded as well, currently 1.000.000 seeders and 20.000 leechers.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Boy! Talk about temptation to overseed.

"From midnight BST to 23.59.59 BST on 6th May all new uploads ~ will be FREE - FOR TWO WEEKS. Uploaders please wait for status change, before commencing seeding..

Staff will be monitoring for. DOWNLOAD torrents you wish to download. Excessive abuse* WILL be dealt with by staff.

* abuse being any/all bad seeding/torrenting behaviour to the detriment of the commiunity as a whole."
    Last edited by justlooking; 05-08-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast