Thread: Problem Converting And Burning Svcd

I dowloaded Finding Nemo in avi format and used Nero vision express to create an SVCD. I cut out the first half and put on superlong play to fit each half on one disc. I created an animated menu and burnt onto CD-R. I have tried to playback on the pc using Neros showtime and the I get the video stream running so fast that it is finished before the end of the first chapter. The audio, however is fine and runs at a normal speed to the end of the disc.

Can anyone help?? I followed the wizard and have tried the process twice from scratch but get the same result??? I know other people who have used nero to convert and burn and they have no problems?????

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    try converting with TMPGEnc instead, guides at www.dvdrhelp.com

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Why not burning it as divx on 1 cd, otherwisse you could use TEMPGEnc

(Forgive my bad english)

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    ive downloaded a movie, its a SVCD, ive got the bins and cues for the file, ive burnt the image like i have done before with my vcd's, but it wont work, should i be doin something different wiv a SVCD??

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I want to change format so can play on dvd player - can I play divx on a standard dvd player?

If I use TMPGenc to convert, should I still use Nero to burn?

Will tmpg let me create menus??

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by Memento@20 November 2003 - 17:18
    ive downloaded a movie, its a SVCD, ive got the bins and cues for the file, ive burnt the image like i have done before with my vcd's, but it wont work, should i be doin something different wiv a SVCD??
    Try to extract the mpeg with isobuster and then burn it

(Forgive my bad english)

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by timanfiya@20 November 2003 - 17:35
    I want to change format so can play on dvd player - can I play divx on a standard dvd player?

If I use TMPGenc to convert, should I still use Nero to burn?

Will tmpg let me create menus??
    If you want to play it on a dvd player u'll have to convert it to mpeg first with tmpgenc then burn it on a dvd using nero or any other burning software.
    And no tmpgenc wont let u create menu's there's other software for that.

(Forgive my bad english)

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    @ timanfiya- DivX only plays on very very few DVD Players. Convert it to dvd using TMPGEnc, make menu's with ULead DVD MovieFactory 2. And burn with either Nero or ULead DVD MovieFactory2.

@ Momento- it is possible that your DVD Player doesn't play SVCD's check http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers for compatibility

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    muchspl2
    vcdeasy can make menu's and just to repeat don't use nero to encode, just use it to recored

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Thanx for the advice, i've scrapped using Nero to encode although I found out that the avi file that wouldn't convert was actually XVID and the DIVX movies I have downloaded seemed to work with Nero.

I downloaded TMPGEnc v2.59 and tried to convert the XVID avi movie to SVCD - now I have got a saved MPEG file with perfect video stream but no sound whatsoever !!! ???

Can anyone please help - I set the programme to get both video and audio from the avi file??

Ps when I finally get this damned movie converted - should I convert and then add menus or the other way around??