Thread: Networking issue with Netgear NeoTV350 media player

JangoFett's Avatar Member
    Hi guys, hoping some of you can give me a bit of expert advice on a networking issue.

I have a Netgear NeoTV 350 media player rigged up to my TV and networked over the powerline with me PC (Windows 7 ultimate x64).

Since last week whenever I try to access a file on my computer I get a message saying I need to enter my network user Id and password (see below). Never have had to do this in the two years I have had the media player.

NeoTV Error Message.jpg

So I have tried the following to try and rectify the issue –

· Switched off Firewall altogether – still getting issue
    · Moved firewall from Bitdefender to windows firewall – still getting the issue
    · Ensured all folders I am trying to access are available to share as read/write
    · Ensured sharing and network discovery was turned on in the network and sharing centre.
    · In the media streaming option I have allowed the media player access also.
    · Factory re-set the media player in case that was the problem.

After all of the above, I am still getting the error message on the player when I try to access files on my PC. I have also entered my network ID and password when prompted to see if that would fix the issue but I still get a login failed notification.

I’m running out of options here as to how to fix this issue so if anyone has any advice I’d really appreciate the input before I fire the pc and player out the window !

JangoFett

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    pootystomp's Avatar Poster
    Do you have any router software on your computer. It looks like its eating your router login creds.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    I have this problem with my WDTV Live hub occasionally, & unplugging/resetting my router & restarting my PC solves it.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    JangoFett's Avatar Member
    Just to give an update here guys, it appears to be a known issue with Media players not being able to connect to the network when you install Windows Live, which I did prior to the issues starting, just never thought one would impact the other !

Anyway, problem solved and hopefully this will be of help to others having similar problems.

JangoFett.