Page 99 of 156 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102109149 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Then let me rephrase. He probably couldn't understand plainly written English because his native language is Mandarin.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Music   -   #982
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I'll see your Frank Zappa and raise you the (Original) well... undead...

Last edited by Stehle; 08-12-2021 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Yeah, he's stilll rock'in the 70's... age that is. (Bonus Points if you can guess where i saw them.] ;-) Went for "Free Ride"

3. Music   -   #983
    I own that album. True story. Btw he and his brother being albinos and having the name "Winters" proves God does have a sense of humour.

As for where you saw him, given the free ride clue, I'm assuming on the subway after you jumped the turnstile, scofflaw.

4. Music   -   #984
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I own that album. True story. Btw he and his brother being albinos and having the name "Winters" proves God does have a sense of humour.

As for where you saw him, given the free ride clue, I'm assuming on the subway after you jumped the turnstile, scofflaw.
    Yeah, you should. Nope... drove and actually bought tickets, but I do understand your statements intent.

R.I.P. Johnny - https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...l-hero-175600/
    Last edited by Stehle; 08-12-2021 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Umm... somewhere in PA. [Try Again?] Clue: 1975 Started with the above song. Ended with the one I mentioned.

5. Music   -   #985
    My brain hates you. I'll guess it was at The Spectrum. Somehow they found time to squeeze it in between Dave Schultz fights. Fun Fact: Free Ride was co-written by Dan Hartman.

6. Music   -   #986
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    My brain hates you. I'll guess it was at The Spectrum. Somehow they found time to squeeze it in between Dave Schultz fights. Fun Fact: Free Ride was co-written by Dan Hartman.
    Ding!, Ding!, Ding! Winna!, Winna! Chicken Dinna! Bonus points to you!

Truth be known... I probably went to or saw almost half of all my favorite bands / artists between '72 and '77 at the Spectrum or somewhere in Philly. Thanks to that reminiscent youngster nice mod anon's signature I keep remembering shite like that, so blame him. (Now if I can ever find the scrapbook of all my ticket stubs... I'd be golden!)

Notable and smallest hall was in believe it or not Trenton, N.J. was for "Queen" in '73.

(The fun facts are cool, I knew about the writing, but that Dan Hartman video I had never seen, so thanks!)

Some more blasts from the past... They opened at the Spectrum in '73 I think... for "Black Sabbath" (Who later got boo'd off the stage...)

[The live performances I found were shite audio, so this has to do... sorry.]

I did like "Paranoid" by Sabbath (bettuh live), but left soon after...

Last edited by Stehle; 08-13-2021 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Both High Energy! ...Twas a Black Night.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

7. Music   -   #987
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You're starting to sound like a bit of an outsider here, stehl...having a worthwhile life and all.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Music   -   #988
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    You're starting to sound like a bit of an outsider here, stehl...having a worthwhile life and all.
    Hey! ...about time... you pay back that $20 to yourself?

(I could tell you so many long stories about how worthless it's been lately... Mr Late Night, but I like living in the past.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 08-13-2021 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Color me... Optimistic.

9. Music   -   #989
    Bitter Meg is not my favourite Meg.

10. Music   -   #990
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, but no matter what I still consider Meg my friend.
    Last edited by Stehle; 08-14-2021 at 09:02 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.