Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ps2 Divx Playa

namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Has anyone checked out the PS2 Reality media playa yet?
    Fantastic piece of work; it allows you to watch your d/l'ed .avi's on your PS2 so u can get the fullscreen experience for free!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    have you got a link or somat?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Duh-Sorry a link might help!
    forum-PS2 Reality English Forum
    I have downloaded and used the player myself and I must say it is of very good quality! You do need to have a chipped PS2 or use some sort of boot disk method though.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    so does this make it so i can play vcds on my ps2 its chipped with the messiah 2 chip???

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    As far as I know it works with all versions or modified PS2's (I use a no solder boot disk chip) If you've got any worries check out the forum and download the proggy for it (its got a read me txt that explains how to create a disk with the playa on it) as long as your PS2 read CDR's then you should be ok.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    well ive got a game thats on a normal disk and that works wot is this program like an add on for the movies if so surley a mivie and this thing wont fit on a disk??

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Depends on the size of the movie. You can burn the player on a seperate disk and then boot into that and swap disks for the movie. Thats what I do anyway. I know that looking through the forums some ppl have a problem using that method but it works on mine. the playa itself is not very big so you should'nt have too much of a problem with space but for a dvd rip you will have to put it onto two discs, which is a bit of a bummer but at least you can watch all your d/l's on a full size TV at last!!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Sorry brockster I did'nt read one o your posts propaly. The player only plays movies inthe Divx format NOT vcd (mpeg1) DivX is the format that most movies are coded in on kazaa. (.avi) Sorry bout the confusion!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    i mostly get divx there better quality so if i download that program put it on a disk then the divx movies i have on disk should play on my ps2

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Yeah thats right-it works and it works well!! Like I say check out the forum for any issues with it but at the end of the day if it dont work for you (no reason why it should'nt) then all you've wasted is a few moments time and one cdr!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast