Thread: securing my home connection with VPN

sangos's Avatar T|-|E RE/-\PER BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Hello everyone,

I`m about to make a business trip to the US for about 6 months, and since i read a lot about the police raids and the legal issues there i just want to know if there is a good way to cover my "tracks" so i don't get into trouble, when i asked around some suggested that i should get a strong VPN or something but since i dont face that kind of problem in my country - here we couldn't care less about copyright - anyway i thought some here will be able to help me, like what company to subscribe to , what type of VPN i need and any other thought would help

much appreciated .

change it so i dont get my A** Kicked

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It depends on what kind of trouble you're afraid of getting into innit, if you are looking to find an open society then please send us a postcard when you find it.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I'd think your biggest issue will/could be at the border where DHS/ICE can pretty much go through your computer with impunity. Especially if you're a foreign national. Anything critical I'd leave off the machine and remote out to retrieve once I was comfortably stateside.

EDIT: Inb4 truecrypt hidden volumes.
    Last edited by piercerseth; 09-21-2013 at 03:52 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Comfortably uncomfortable
    Last edited by Alien5; 09-21-2013 at 04:27 AM.