Thread: Recording Audio

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i want something that will record sound from the microphone connected to the pc into a wav file. preferably a mp3 file. i noticed some, but they were all shareware, and won't let me record for more than 1 minute. anyone know any good ones?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    a little help please?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    You can do anything you want with total recorder pro and anything is free if you do the research

Otherwise, use the wave recorder built into windows. I think it has a limited time length but maybe it's good enough for what you want.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by balamm@20 November 2003 - 18:06
    You can do anything you want with total recorder pro and anything is free if you do the research

Otherwise, use the wave recorder built into windows. I think it has a limited time length but maybe it's good enough for what you want.
    hey dude. where have u been? u havn't been on for a while. yea. the windows one has a time limit, and it's really small too. that software u speak of, wat do u mean research?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    well I got a licenced copy on emule but you could use the google serial search trick if you're in a hurry.
    Google>
    Total recorder pro (build# here) fm9fy

get the program from here > http://www.highcriteria.com/productfr_tr.htm

Look at the bottom of the page for the pro versions

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by boyzeee@20 November 2003 - 18:21
    Research
    un huh.

is the total recorder thingy the best one? their site don't look so professional.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    It's a very nice product that actually emulates a sound card. You may have to do some advanced configuring in the audio control panel to set your default device for recording and playback. You can record streams with this and grab any audio that you can hear.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    MusicMatch Jukebox is what I use and if its on the net you can real time record it by putting a cable from the line out - line in (via a spitter) if your speakers are in.

http://www.musicmatch.com/home/

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Cool Edit Pro is a good program, and there are plug-ins that make it availabale to meke them to mp3s. Search around im sure youll find it. If you have Nero, it also has a program called i think Nero Wave Editor.