Thread: Saving Old Emails To Hd

I need to free up some serious space on my hotmail account I have a lot of old saved emails that i want to keep and not print out. Should I do save as>HTML Only in IE6 and Can I save them all at one time or do I have to save them one at a time? Thanks in Advance

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    If you just want to download all then you can setup a hotmail account and download all using pop3. However you cannot specify which one's you want. It will downlaod all.

Another way is to have one of those filters out there in which you can see the header and subject before downloading.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Cage72@21 November 2003 - 01:40
    I need to free up some serious space on my hotmail account I have a lot of old saved emails that i want to keep and not print out. Should I do save as>HTML Only in IE6 and Can I save them all at one time or do I have to save them one at a time? Thanks in Advance
    Set up the account in Outlook Express (when it asks you your email address it&#39;ll see it&#39;s a hotmail account and put the right settings in the boxes) then copy the emails you want to keep into one of your local folders.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    you could just save them one by one as a .txt document if thats how you wanna do it. file> save as> save as type > and select which one you want. time consuming tho.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I have Outlook 2003...just started using it...are the things you mentioned about OE the same in Outlook as far as the settings?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    yeh, you just need your pop3 address ie> pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp ie > smtp.mail.yahoo.com, and your user name, password etc, some email accounts require that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not checked if it dont send and recieve just untick the box

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    i usually save the .dbx files in owner>local settings>application data>identities

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by boyzeee@21 November 2003 - 01:23
    yeh, you just need your pop3 address ie> pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp ie > smtp.mail.yahoo.com,
    he said hotmail. And btw, yahoo doesnt allow pop anymore.

---
    @Cage72
    In Outlook go step by step choosing for hotmail. It should have an option already.

Once you are in Outlook. Go to Tools> Email Accounts>
    Select HTTP and follow through
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    oops

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.