Thread: Hp Cd/rw?!?!?!?!

man i got this new HP drive installed in my pc at home and i can't get it to play audio cd's correctly. i'm running Windows ME and have all the latest updates and installs at Window's Updates. the players i have installed on my set up include WMP9, MMjb, CDEX(greatness&#33, i thinx that's it. anywayz, all of them play that drive and click and pop with audio cd's. it will read data fine. i have disabled the digital playback checkbox in both windows options as well as WMP9 's options panel. i even went as far as popping the cover and disconecting the wire to the sound card to see if it was actually playing back in digital or analog(didn't make a diff). now the other drive worx great. its a HP 9100 series(great drive no matter wat anyone says) . i have two of them on separate pc's and both are extremely consistant. but the prob lies in this new drive. it's the only thing that is keeping my system from being 100%(too me that is) efficient. i know i should post the model # but i dont have it and it's installed. it's newer than the 9100 series but only burns at 4x(the 9100 's an 8xer). it came OEM w/my dad's new pc(had xp installed) and we switched it out with a DVD burner. he gave me the drive and i can't get it to play audio cd's
    if there are any suggetions, linx , or tips , i would really appreciate it. thanx!

here's a good link to help diagnose WMP9(thanx Woody )
    WMP9 probs

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    try muting the aux in your sound options, if you got speaker icon on ya taskbar right click>properties>advanced and tick the mute on auxillary or you may have to go to control panel>sound options etc. it may stop the popping

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by boyzeee@21 November 2003 - 03:53
    try muting the aux in your sound options, if you got speaker icon on ya taskbar right click>properties>advanced and tick the mute on auxillary or you may have to go to control panel>sound options etc. it may stop the popping
    thanx for the tips man. i referenced them for future use , but the prob lied within WMP9. the errror correction was enabled. i disabled that , made sure digital audio playback was enable(in both WMP9 & Control Panel/system/cdrom), & disabled the CDplayer lock option in CDEX.
    now the drive plays audio CD's crisp and clean with no popping or cracking!!!!!!

the link i posted above is a good one thanx to WOODY!!!!!
    thanx Woody!!!!!

ONE MORE TIME

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Wow!

That is a great site for WMP9.
    That baby is bookmarked.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg