Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Graphic driver not supported

dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Hi guys!
    I know Idol and his gang will cheer up when they read this, but I really messed up the computer.
    Due to pc's network interface controller's crash, I had to reinstall the operating system at the ISP operators's suggestion. So, I reinstalled not once but twice, cuz the graphic driver is not supported.
    The other problem is when I reinstalled the OS, I did it without erasing the old OS, so now I have 3 OS installed.
    First OS has the graphic driver installed; that means I can watch movies, play games, but no internet. ((
    The second and the third OS hasn't the graphic driver installed; that means no movies, no games, browsing the internet.
    Now, if I delete 2 OS from the Local disk it won't show up when the pc will start?
    And second, if I delete the OS which has the graphic driver installed, will I be able to install it on the
    functional OS?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dion09529; 07-08-2013 at 06:40 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    It looks like you have a mish-mash of stuff in your hard drive. I'd just extract the working drivers from each Windows, format and reinstall.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    What do you mean by no internet on the 1st OS install? Do you need LAN and wireless drivers? If that's the only problem with that first OS install, you could just delete the other two and find/install the drivers. Otherwise, I'd do as anon said & reformat the whole partition & reinstall the OS. If you can't find the drivers, you can usually go on line and find them as long as you know the make and model of your machine. (Do this before you do anything else, of course)
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    The other problem is when I reinstalled the OS, I did it without erasing the old OS, so now I have 3 OS installed.

Try Driver Genius (latest version is 12, and readily available on IPT) to back up the working drivers you have, and will help locate the latest updates for what you need.

Then, start fresh. BTW, remember to save your drivers on something that will not be formatted during the reinstall (like a thumb drive, or disc).

Did I mention ?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Due to pc's network interface controller's crush
    I fell for a router once. Boy, did he not return my love.

Ellipses go here.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Hi guys!
    I know Idol and his gang will cheer up when they read this, but I really messed up the computer.

Obviously you don't know me nearly as well if you think you do if you think I actually take joy in other's misfortune.

OK maybe mjmacky's.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterquack View Post
    I fell for a router once. Boy, did he not return my love.
    It has both, an antenna and a tiny little hole. Which one were you aiming at?

You don't need a pre-installed OS to re-format your machine.

Rest what everyone else said.
    Last edited by whatcdfan; 07-08-2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    What do you mean by no internet on the 1st OS install? Do you need LAN and wireless drivers? If that's the only problem with that first OS install, you could just delete the other two and find/install the drivers. Otherwise, I'd do as anon said & reformat the whole partition & reinstall the OS. If you can't find the drivers, you can usually go on line and find them as long as you know the make and model of your machine. (Do this before you do anything else, of course)

1) I can't connect to the internet due to network interface controller's crash.
    2) Both original AMD graphics drivers and latest drivers version don't work, which makes me think it won't work until I won't install the graphics drivers on the first OS (I tried to uninstall the graphics drivers and than to delete the other two OS, but it gets me an error).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    First off, what kind of computer are we talking about here, & how old is it? What's the make & model? Desktop or laptop? And what type of network controller does it have? Do you mean Ethernet or a wireless adapter? I don't understand why you would reinstall the OS for a network adapter/driver problem. It almost sounds like it could be a hardware problem, but I'm probably missing something. More information is needed.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You make a good point to look into, tef. If he has not been able to get those devices (assumably on his motherboard) to work in ANY of his (multiple ) Windows installs, there may be onboard failures going on.

I do think he has said he's got various "success" with each of these components on the different installs, though.

@dion: Tell us which hardware items are failing on ALL installs.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast