Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Graphic driver not supported

dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    First off, what kind of computer are we talking about here, & how old is it? What's the make & model? Desktop or laptop? And what type of network controller does it have? Do you mean Ethernet or a wireless adapter? I don't understand why you would reinstall the OS for a network adapter/driver problem. It almost sounds like it could be a hardware problem, but I'm probably missing something. More information is needed.
    My computer is 6 years old. It's a no name computer, the network controller is integrated into the motherboard chipset and I don't use a wireless adapter

Oh, forgot to tell ya!
    It has to do with the fact that this failure coincided with the uninstall of the Avast antivirus?
    Last edited by dion09529; 07-09-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    My computer is 6 years old. It's a no name computer, the network controller is integrated into the motherboard chipset and I don't use a wireless adapter
    Once again, just boot to the Windows install where networking actually works, use this to extract the corresponding driver (both for the sake of using the one known to work and in case it's some obscure chipset), then do the same with the install where graphics work, copy both somewhere safe, wipe and reinstall. That should fix everything.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Yep, what anon said. And this time, I suggest you completely reformat the partition you install to & get rid of all the crap on it before you reinstall the OS to it.

Oh, & come to think of it, I had some network trouble related to an earlier version of Avast Internet security, around 6 months ago. I don't remember how or what I did to fix it though...I think an update took care of it.
    Last edited by teflon05; 07-09-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    It can't be reformated
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    You can't format the partition you're booting from. You would have to use a 3rd party program like Paragon or similar. If you are re-installing Windows, during install it should ask you if you want to format the partition you are installing to.

Also, you're partitions are almost full....Looks like you need to get rid of some things. I would think your machine would be slow as a snail with the disks being that full.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    If you are re-installing Windows, during install it should ask you if you want to format the partition you are installing to.
    This. Just boot off the disc, format the first partition when you reach that step, and install there.

I remember the Windows 9x days when you needed to run fdisk and partition the drive without a fancy interface before setup would even run! People today have it easy.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post
    It can't be reformated
    Hit your screen with a hammer until it becomes more agreeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    If you are re-installing Windows, during install it should ask you if you want to format the partition you are installing to.
    This. Just boot off the disc, format the first partition when you reach that step, and install there.

I remember the Windows 9x days when you needed to run fdisk and partition the drive without a fancy interface before setup would even run! People today have it easy.
    I tried again, but every time a new OS is installed in Local Disk (C: ). Now I have 5 OS installed. I'm thinking to buy a new computer.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Yeah, that's because you didn't format the partition before installing.

I'm beginning to think this is a troll thread.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    i don't know how to format the partition. i need steps for that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast