Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new way I'm downloading stuffs...

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Do any of you guys use XBMC? 1channel? IceFilms? Etc...? Maybe some of you have heard of this but I hadn't.

I spoke to tesco recently about my internet problems with Comcast throttling/blocking Usenet. It's a long story but I basically can't use Usenet since I've moved to the Denver area. This sucks as I have a ZBox PC in the living room and another very small PC in the bedroom. Both of these have been used for years in conjunction with XBMC, Sabnzbd, Sickbeard, and CouchPotato to create a seemless PVR. TV shows and movies were automatically downloaded, repaired, renamed, and moved to their respective folders. Once it was all set up, all I needed to do when I got home was grab the remote and start watching, week after week, year after year. As long as I wasn't making changes or adding new shows, it required no interaction from me whatsoever. Now that I can't do that any longer, I've been searching for other alternatives.

My only resort for TV and movies in the short term has been Bittorrent. What a pain in the ass. Seeking out files, downloading, watching ratios... Plus, I had to manually unRAR each file and move it to it's folder. The requires constant interaction which in turn requires me to have a keyboard and mouse at each media center (remember, living room and bedroom). No thank you. I knew that XBMC had add-ons for streaming things like Hulu, YouTube and others but I wondered how far it went. After only a short amount of searching I was able to discover and install a couple of add-ons that has completely changed the way I view TV shows and movies going forward. I feel like I've found the perfect source of content. Possibly even more than I had with Usenet, and all at my fingertips.... and no need for downloading, at least in the traditional sense. What I mean is, in the past, when I wanted to watch a movie, I needed to wait for CouchPotato to grab it or I needed to find it and wait for it to download. Now I don't have to do that. These add-ons all appear to index and grab content from many or all of the major upload sites. Oh, and did I mention it's completely free?

I added a couple of repositories in XBMC, and then installed a couple of add-ons. With that, I am able to find any movie you could find with Usenet or Bittorrent, but I don't need to "pre"-download anything. I just click the movie I want and it starts streaming in standard or 720p (users choice). I can even sort by A-Z, Popular, Upload date, New Releases, etc. and believe me, it's all there. But where I've really been amazed is with TV Shows. This blows away any file sharing method I've ever used. Want to watch nearly any TV show ever made? It's probably there. Want to watch 'Roseanne' S01 E01? It's there. Want to watch 'Roseanne' S06 E09? It's there, along with every season and episode in between. Want to go back and watch the final episode of MASH or Cheers? They're there. How about tonight's Dexter? It'll be on there the night it airs, in HD, FAST. There are literally thousands of TV shows and it has every episode! No need for traditional downloading. Just select the episode and stream it.

Here a very abbreviated demonstration that someone else uploaded - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC13pSAmnBw

yo

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    pootystomp's Avatar Poster
    Also, if your a plex user there is an unsupported plugin plugin which will allow you to get a plugin called Let Me Watch This. Same shit, different media center.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Like with all things easy and accessible, it likely won't take long for this to be shut down / sued to oblivion, low hanging fruits and all. So enjoy while it lasts.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    With that, I am able to find any movie you could find with Usenet or Bittorrent
    You'll come crawling back to Usenet/BT the first time you get a craving for donkey pron.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    pootystomp's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    With that, I am able to find any movie you could find with Usenet or Bittorrent
    You'll come crawling back to Usenet/BT the first time you get a craving for donkey pron.
    Also, plugins available for redtube, xhamster, and youjizz on xmbc and plex. The biggest problem is that all of these addons are bandwidth hogs and if you have slow Internet your masturbation time will rise exponentially.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Like with all things easy and accessible, it likely won't take long for this to be shut down / sued to oblivion, low hanging fruits and all. So enjoy while it lasts.
    Maybe, but right now it is indexing tons of sites. I watched Six Feet Under last night and it was available to stream from 81 different sites. And that's not even a new or popular show.

yo

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by pootystomp View Post
    your masturbation time will rise exponentially.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Do any of you guys use XBMC? 1channel? IceFilms? Etc...? Maybe some of you have heard of this but I hadn't.

I spoke to tesco recently about my internet problems with Comcast throttling/blocking Usenet. It's a long story but I basically can't use Usenet since I've moved to the Denver area. This sucks as I have a ZBox PC in the living room and another very small PC in the bedroom. Both of these have been used for years in conjunction with XBMC, Sabnzbd, Sickbeard, and CouchPotato to create a seemless PVR. TV shows and movies were automatically downloaded, repaired, renamed, and moved to their respective folders. Once it was all set up, all I needed to do when I got home was grab the remote and start watching, week after week, year after year. As long as I wasn't making changes or adding new shows, it required no interaction from me whatsoever. Now that I can't do that any longer, I've been searching for other alternatives.

My only resort for TV and movies in the short term has been Bittorrent. What a pain in the ass. Seeking out files, downloading, watching ratios... Plus, I had to manually unRAR each file and move it to it's folder. The requires constant interaction which in turn requires me to have a keyboard and mouse at each media center (remember, living room and bedroom). No thank you. I knew that XBMC had add-ons for streaming things like Hulu, YouTube and others but I wondered how far it went. After only a short amount of searching I was able to discover and install a couple of add-ons that has completely changed the way I view TV shows and movies going forward. I feel like I've found the perfect source of content. Possibly even more than I had with Usenet, and all at my fingertips.... and no need for downloading, at least in the traditional sense. What I mean is, in the past, when I wanted to watch a movie, I needed to wait for CouchPotato to grab it or I needed to find it and wait for it to download. Now I don't have to do that. These add-ons all appear to index and grab content from many or all of the major upload sites. Oh, and did I mention it's completely free?

I added a couple of repositories in XBMC, and then installed a couple of add-ons. With that, I am able to find any movie you could find with Usenet or Bittorrent, but I don't need to "pre"-download anything. I just click the movie I want and it starts streaming in standard or 720p (users choice). I can even sort by A-Z, Popular, Upload date, New Releases, etc. and believe me, it's all there. But where I've really been amazed is with TV Shows. This blows away any file sharing method I've ever used. Want to watch nearly any TV show ever made? It's probably there. Want to watch 'Roseanne' S01 E01? It's there. Want to watch 'Roseanne' S06 E09? It's there, along with every season and episode in between. Want to go back and watch the final episode of MASH or Cheers? They're there. How about tonight's Dexter? It'll be on there the night it airs, in HD, FAST. There are literally thousands of TV shows and it has every episode! No need for traditional downloading. Just select the episode and stream it.

Here a very abbreviated demonstration that someone else uploaded - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC13pSAmnBw
    Hopefully you won't take what I am about to say as sarcasm.

I totally get where you are coming from bro.You wouldn't believe how much I yearn for the time when I won't have to literally do anything,no matter how trivial or easy it is and can simply lie in bed and have everything done for me by smart robots.
    Hopefully when we finally progress to this elevated state of existence then ,like in bad sci fi movies, the robots won't figure out that we are basically now worthless and useless bags of flesh and completely inferior to them and revolt and kill us all as that would likely suck almost as much as having to walk across a 4 foot space to change the channel on my TV would.

Anyway as I said hopefully you won't see this as me being sarcastic or railing against technology and take it as it is really intended you lazy motherfucking motherfucker.

Now I'm going for a horseback ride and by that I mean intend to put the horse on my shoulders and walk around the paddock several times.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Now I'm going for a horseback ride and by that I mean intend to put the horse on my shoulders and walk around the paddock several times.
    Where's your video, Mr. Feet?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    On topic post, it's likely that there are RSS feeds on your torrent sites. Example, BTN for TV shows are never RARed and you just set up filters and such for the tv shows. I found it much simpler than setting up sab-whatever.

I set up some filters myself (Daily Show at BTN, Hunter x Hunter from Nyaa), but I actually like having to spend the small amount of time and effort looking for episodes since it makes me more selective in the content I choose to watch.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast