Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will tracker "staffs" ever grow up? I don't think so.

Not wanting traders on your site is sound and absolutely legitimate, not least of all for security reasons.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Not wanting traders on your site is sound and absolutely legitimate, not least of all for security reasons.
    Everything is legitimate until the process of 'legitimizing' gets broke.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I would be fascinated to know how stopping an account from passing from one anonymous person to another aids in security.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aby View Post
    but it's funny that these people haven't grown even a bit after all these years. I mean, doesn't ~half a decade bring about some changes in your perspective of things?
    Have you ever met a career security guard?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Everything is legitimate until the process of 'legitimizing' gets broke.
    Somebody's got to do the job of keeping a-holes off of sites for the good of the general user. Unfortunately, sometimes the biggest ones find their way into staff positions. Coincidentally, these same jerks often find themselves in real-life roles of security guard, border patrol, and middle management.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 07-25-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    ...Don't forget tow truck drivers...

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Will spare the blushes of the person involved but I was recently banned from a tracker for being invited by a trader. What made it funny, but sad for their quality of 'intel', is that it was the mod I was talking to who invited me to the site.
    I just wanted to know if BTN had "HIGH quality" spartacus TV series to fap watch, than the ones in tvtorrents.
    Has them in 1080p goodness and I think all of them in blu ray.
    LSS #1

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by smcewa11 View Post
    I just wanted to know if BTN had "HIGH quality" spartacus TV series to fap watch, than the ones in tvtorrents.
    Has them in 1080p goodness and I think all of them in blu ray.
    You mean this one? Spartacus War Of The Damned COMPLETE 1080p Blu-ray AVC DTS-HD MA 5 1-HDW It's all over, like TL and IPT and other places, including HDW of course.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Shouldn't use the same nick at every tracker. I personally don't want to be "recognized" on every tracker I'm on so i use several different nicks. Helps out in cases like these where a disable turns into a bunch of bullshit(and i couldn't care any less if you're a trader, although i don't condone it, but I'm just saying ...) .
    That may be true now, but I remember around 5 or 6 years ago or longer, many tracker staff thought it was suspicious if you used different usernames on different trackers. And you definitely couldn't use a tracker nick on a board like this. Probably still not a good idea. I remember being questioned in some interview channel years ago, about my username being different on 2 different trackers.
    I also remember more than one tracker that suposedly would ban you just for being a member here, or at any forum that allowed open invite giveaways or trading. Always thought that was BS too.
    Last edited by teflon05; 07-26-2013 at 12:14 AM.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by aoshivx View Post
    Trackers mainly use the "email address" as the primary linkage to other trackers then the "nickname".
    I assume.
    IP addresses are trendy too. If you're from India, Egypt or Israel you get double points
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast