Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's The Best Speed?

I heard that if I burn a music disc in the cd-burner's maximum speed, the quality won't be as good as if I burn it slower, is this true? what about burning movies?
    Does someone knows what's the best speed for burning music and the best speed for burning movies?

2. Music   -   #2
    I don't think the speed of burning has any effect on your music or movies.
    Just make sure that if you burn at 32x speed the cd you bought to burn it on can also handle 32x speed.If you know what I mean?

3. Music   -   #3
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~@21 November 2003 - 07:55
    Just make sure that if you burn at 32x speed the cd you bought to burn it on can also handle 32x speed.If you know what I mean?
    Contrar my friend. Should you find that the burned cd does not work, lower the speed. All burners are different, what works for some, may not for others. The game called 'Trial-n-Error'.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. Music   -   #4
    Just stick with a slower burn speed. I have a somewhat fast machine (2.5 gHz P4 with 512 MB RAM) but I always burn discs at 10x even though I have a 48x burner. The higher the burn speed the more likely you are to have errors.

5. Music   -   #5
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~@21 November 2003 - 13:55
    INCORRECT !!!!

you really need to burn at the slowest speed

6. Music   -   #6
    Originally posted by muchspl2+21 November 2003 - 14:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 21 November 2003 - 14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-~FunK_mOb~@21 November 2003 - 13:55
    I don&#39;t think the speed of burning has any effect on your music or movies.
    INCORRECT &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

you really need to burn at the slowest speed [/b][/quote]
    ABSOLUTE RUBBISH &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Only if you encounter problems with your burnt media, then lower the burning speed.

7. Music   -   #7
    muchspl2
    think about it, its data coming from the hard drive burning to a disc, so the higher the speed, the higher the resources required and more possibility of a problem&#33;

maybe not the absolute slowest speed, but more times than not burning at a slower speed will give better results than burning at faster speeds, sync problems especially on movies

8. Music   -   #8
    I know what you&#39;re saying mate; you obviously remember the first pc CD burners, back then what you&#39;re saying was certainly true.

Since the introduction of burn proof technology however, unless you are experiencing problems, there really is no need to burn at slow speeds. The process really is not such a random one and if, by trial and error, you find that your burner/media does a good job at 48X, then it will likely always have the same success. That is, as long as you aren&#39;t using other resource hungry software at the same time.

9. Music   -   #9
    I always burn cd at the fastest speed the cd will take. If I buy blanks at 32x i burn at 32x. If I buy cd at 24x then burn at 24x. With the new burners out today and the software improvements, like the burn proof technology and the buffer underrun technology there is no need to burn any slower unless you have that stubborn file that give you errors then go slower, but you should be safe burning as fast as the cd will take it.

10. Music   -   #10
    muchspl2
    cool I stand corrected, thanks for the info, I wondered what burn proof was on my new cdr, learn something new ever day
    I thought it was some kind of marketing ploy from sony to trick us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast