Thread: Dracula, Frankenstein & Wolfman

This new horror movie entitled Van Helsing will air in theaters May 7th, 2004. It was supposed to be show around the time when The Mummy aired in theaters but the project got too expensive an was postponed until summer 2004.

Mission Impossible 3 and Warner Brother's Troy will also be in theaters at around the same time as Van Helsing.

As you have already guessed Van Helsing will feature the characters Frankenstein, Dracula and the WolfMan. Van Helsing, a moster hunter, is played by Hugh Jackman (he also played Wolverine in X-Men 2). Another familiar actor from a recent movie is Kate Beckinsale, who plays a vampire hunters this time (she played the werewolf hunter Selina in Underworld).

I have heard that the movie will be packed with a lots of CG, special effect and a pretty good story.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    zinc1's Avatar Poster
    Sounds like it's going to be a good movie,but we shouldn't set standards too high for it.When we start expecting too much from a movie then normally they dissapoint us,well we'll have to wait and see when the time comes,good cast though.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    man, i hope this movie doesn't come out corny like all the other remakes.......

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    zinc1's Avatar Poster
    Whats all this with long leather jackets in all the Horror/Action movies,even Van Helsing is wearing one?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by MadDog-2000@21 November 2003 - 19:36
    Ah! At last a werewolf that doesn't look like a reject of a test-tube!

I just hope this one won't be as much of a disappointment as Underworld...

@zinc1: that's just a side effect of the matrix... that and the bullet-time fx in every movie or videogame!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    Yeah The Wolfman looks nice but we are already excepting something good from this movie and we don't know shit about it. Thats why a lot of movies turn out to be a flop we except so much from it before they have even started filming so then it pressures the directors and shit and off course usually they don't deliever.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    sounds good like the pictures nice post thanx for the 411

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Originally posted by bujub22@21 November 2003 - 19:39
    sounds good like the pictures nice post thanx for the 411
    They invested quite a bit of money in this movie and even postponed it because the project was so expensive and elaborate! I think it is going to turn out quite well.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    I think it is going to turn out quite well
    Let's hope so..... We've been disappointed enough lately by the movies that were very high on the expectation scale and couldn't deliver what we've expected of them, e.g. Matrix Revolutions, LXG, Hulk and lots more.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by D!mensio_x@22 November 2003 - 22:27
    I think it is going to turn out quite well
    Let's hope so..... We've been disappointed enough lately by the movies that were very high on the expectation scale and couldn't deliver what we've expected of them, e.g. Matrix Revolutions, LXG, Hulk and lots more.
    Exactly mate..they seem to be tring to impress us to much 'esp with special effects,the movies are just hollow.I havent been interested in watching a movie for mths.I was looking forward to watching underworld soon,that seems to be another one.Hope they dont spoil this one.