Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Save Internet Web Pages

I have a question:

I want to save some web pages for my personal files. But when I go to File: Save As...it gives me four options under Save As type:

Web Page complete
    Web Archive single file
    Web Page HTML only
    Text File

Which one should I chose if I want to save a web page so I can always read it from my computer? I know one of these options only allows you to save to your computer but once the main web site takes that off, then when you click on the saved file, the web page may show expired (or something like that).

Any ideas?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    I would just try each option and see if it works... Sure your probably lazy but arn't we all?

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Originally posted by NeoShoyru@11 February 2003 - 05:41
    I would just try each option and see if it works... Sure your probably lazy but arn't we all?
    No dude- I know how to save them but I want to make sure I use the correct option so say, maybe, 6 months from now I want to read the article again. Sometimes web sites take things off their sites and if I save it wrong it the wrong way I may be unable to read them again because the article was taken off....know what I mean?

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    I see what you mean! The way to do it, is to do it right... Otherwise, im stumped... You could try to take screen shots or save copies of the source... Thats prety much all I know...

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Originally posted by NeoShoyru@11 February 2003 - 05:47
    I see what you mean! The way to do it, is to do it right... Otherwise, im stumped... You could try to take screen shots or save copies of the source... Thats prety much all I know...
    Dude, I know you are trying to help but you seem to be stumped, maybe some body else can help me with this.

Thanks anyway!

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Naw, I can probably figure this out, but right now, I feel drunk, and im tired... Maybe in about 12 hours I can figure it out...

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Poster
    Do it Complete if you want the pictures displayed and more than just the front page. Adjust the settings to the deepness of pages (links) you want

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    what you want to do is save it as Web Page complete.. this will save the whole page as an html and add all the little jpg and gifs where they need to be
    but remember to save it in a folder you want and remember that folder

your welcome in advance

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Poster
    Ok i'm web designer so you can trust me All you have to do is save the files as .html files you can edit the files and notepad and such...6 months later you still will be able to view the files cuz you will be able to open them in notepad!

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Originally posted by HoNdA@11 February 2003 - 13:02
    Ok i'm web designer so you can trust me All you have to do is save the files as .html files you can edit the files and notepad and such...6 months later you still will be able to view the files cuz you will be able to open them in notepad!
    Thank you for your help, now I have another question, what does Save As in Web Archive in single file mean?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast