Thread: Tv Out Picture Will Not Stay In Widescreen

Anyone else run into this, when I play a movie, widescreen movies, and using the TV out so I can watch it on the television, the movie starts out fine then switches from widescreen to fullscreen after about a min. or two.The movie on the comp. monitor is still in widescreen but the TV is not. This prob just started recently, it happens no matter which player I use, (Zoomplayer, BS player, Windows Media etc). I can change the aspect ratio on the players which results in the movie aspect changing on the comp. monitor, but no effect on the TV. I have an Nvidia card installed on my machine.
    Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by Nilee@21 November 2003 - 20:13
    Anyone else run into this, when I play a movie, widescreen movies, and using the TV out so I can watch it on the television, the movie starts out fine then switches from widescreen to fullscreen after about a min. or two.The movie on the comp. monitor is still in widescreen but the TV is not. This prob just started recently, it happens no matter which player I use, (Zoomplayer, BS player, Windows Media etc). I can change the aspect ratio on the players which results in the movie aspect changing on the comp. monitor, but no effect on the TV. I have an Nvidia card installed on my machine.
    Thanks
    Check for the latest drivers, it helps sometimes...

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I installed the latest drivers and still have the same trouble, what is so strange is that it worked fine untill just recently. I guess it's not really a big deal unless I am watching a true widescreen film and then it changes to fullscreen the movie is distorted.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Your TV isn't in auto mode this could cause it I put mind in wide for these movies and normal for the others with bsplayer and no problem and yes I too have a nVidia card.