Thread: Licence

polly
    New to all this - have had several messages re one of my shared CD's. When downloaded by other users they are unable to play because a message comes up that they need to apply for a licence. I think this CD was sent from a music publisher so I assume they have put some sort of block on it, but I have burnt a copy and it plays ok. Anyone know of a way round this please? If not how do users go about getting the licence and does it cost?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    What kind of file is it? (I've come across some .wma files that need a license to play them - if its a music file its best to create .mp3's).

What did you use to copy the files from the CD? (check out this guide on the forum for a good way of creating high quality MP3's).

If its a new CD there have been posts about new CD copyright protection being introduced. Others will know more about this and how to get around it...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    internet.news
    Originally posted by SeK612@22 November 2003 - 01:25
    What kind of file is it? (I've come across some .wma files that need a license to play them - if its a music file its best to create .mp3's).

What did you use to copy the files from the CD? (check out this guide on the forum for a good way of creating high quality MP3's).

If its a new CD there have been posts about new CD copyright protection being introduced. Others will know more about this and how to get around it...
    yep, soem *.wma files need license somtetimes like one of my wma:
    Gollum's Song from LOTR :(...

TO avoid this issue be sure to look out for mp3's ;)

~nice dreams...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    If you ripped the CD using Windows Media Player you forgot to uncheck Copy Protect Music in the options.