Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Got Put On 'smallband' By My Isp Again

like the title says: i got put on 'smallband' meaning my download speed is like 5kB/s max and my upload 1kB/s max.
    this is all because my isp has a limit on how much you can dl & ul and im over my upload limit again.
    you get like 10GB dl & 1.5GB ul. i already pay 2€ extra every month to get 12GB dl & 1.8GB ul and im not gonna pay more!
    i think that after today im gonna stop sharing popular files, seems like the only solution?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I'm glad I don't have a limit, better switch ISP's

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Wise to start looking for a new supplier.
    Don't give up sharing Please!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I was suggesting u get a new ISP

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    its the only isp here that supplies cable...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    that's fucked big time.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mavol@28 October 2003 - 13:27
    you get like 10GB dl & 1.5GB ul. i already pay 2€ extra every month to get 12GB dl & 1.8GB ul and im not gonna pay more!
    I can upload over 2 GB in 1 day -- and that's at the 'pathetic' max rate of 29 KB/sec!

A 56k dial-up modem connected at 50k and downloading at 5 KB/sec going all-out, 24-7 for a whole month can hit about 12 GB downloaded.

I don't know what they call what you've got, but it *AIN'T* broadband if those are its limits...

Even NTL's 1 GB/day traffic limits seem nice compaired to that!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Ya i agree with swiftteck. Whatever service you have it is not broadband. I mean you are getting 56k speeds. I hope you are not paying a lot money for POS service.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Its not taht easy for ppl just to get another ISP

i myself can only get this 1 particular ISP in this country ijn the area where I live

the US are lucky there lines are government paid where as Telstra is a monopoly

there are a couple of ISPs that have unlimed in asutralia but not in my area

and I have a 12 gig cap a month and if I go over that I get shaped to 72k but I have a thing called control and by about the last 2 to 3 days I get shaped nothign worth bitching about i have no uploads limit

be thankful you dont live in aust and get done what 1 poor guy did he left kazaa on all month

bigpond charges like 50 bucks for 1 gig a month and an arm and a leg after you go over that somethign like $1.20 per meg after the limit what this poor guy didn tknow was they had uplaod cap.

well his kids left kazaa goin gfor a whole month and out camem the 20,000 bill poor guy was in tears kids thought they were helping him get a few programs for him

he lsot the court case too coz he agreed to the terms and agreements

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Damn is must f*cking sux for internet where you live.

I am glad I live in USA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast