Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Case Front Panel Audio Dont Match Audio Header

Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@22 November 2003 - 05:40
    Im almost positive it will POST without the CPU, but you will get the beep errors saying that you dont have one in, and you cant go any further.
    quick, somebody tell me that hes wrong. plz plz. or im gonna have to get a new motherboard or a new psu. becuz right now its not posting

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    It won't post without a CPU.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@22 November 2003 - 14:13
    It won't post without a CPU.
    yay.....unless you are being sarcastic

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    No, he's being truthful.

I am guessing that you don't have the CPU in hand yet?

Sounds like you don't.
    When you get it install the chip, heatsink, memory and video card (if you aren't using onboard video), hook the PSU main connector up and the front case on/off switch and it will POST ( well, it should, at any rate..).
    Do this with the motherboard laying outside of the case ( I use the antistatic bag that the board came wrapped in to lay it on...).
    If it POSTs then add the rest of the components one at a time, checking for POST after each.
    Then hook up all of your front panel connectors.
    You should now have a complete computer laying out like an eviscerated samurai.

Then install the board into the case, confident that all the components work and you have a good idea where the little connectors go.
    It sounds like a pain, but it can save you time in the long run...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    no but i will get it in 4 days thanks to newegg.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by clocker@22 November 2003 - 15:04
    No, he's being truthful.

I am guessing that you don't have the CPU in hand yet?

Sounds like you don't.
    When you get it install the chip, heatsink, memory and video card (if you aren't using onboard video), hook the PSU main connector up and the front case on/off switch and it will POST ( well, it should, at any rate..).
    Do this with the motherboard laying outside of the case ( I use the antistatic bag that the board came wrapped in to lay it on...).
    If it POSTs then add the rest of the components one at a time, checking for POST after each.
    Then hook up all of your front panel connectors.
    You should now have a complete computer laying out like an eviscerated samurai.

Then install the board into the case, confident that all the components work and you have a good idea where the little connectors go.
    It sounds like a pain, but it can save you time in the long run...
    ty for the tip. but what in the hell is a
    eviscerated samurai

oh and if i had already installed the mobo should i just unscrew it and take it out then?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Sorry about that, just showing off.

Yes, I would remove the board.
    I find it easier to install the CPU and heatsink out of the case anyway.

All the leads from my PSU were long enough to reach the components outside of the case...yours may not be.
    It's only four screws to remove the PSU, so it's not a big deal to remove if you must...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003+22 November 2003 - 09:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (raiserblade2003 &#064; 22 November 2003 - 09:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@22 November 2003 - 14:13
    It won&#39;t post without a CPU.
    yay.....unless you are being sarcastic [/b][/quote]
    Why would you think I was being sarcastic? I didn&#39;t even use any smilies.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    i dunno beuz my previous post was beggin for somebody to say taht so i though.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12