Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Riaa Tactics Working

Poster
    Originally posted by Switeck@22 November 2003 - 06:18
    The infamous RIAA "Dentist":
    "You don't want to have another visit with a dentist like me"
    -- Matt Oppenheim, RIAA senior vice president of business and legal affairs
    What a fucking tryhard, im going to assassinate this stupid fuck!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by ultimatejester@22 November 2003 - 05:47
    Yes they are
    Sadly, even people outside the reach of RIAA do stop sharing...

The pathetic morons...

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by Switeck+28 November 2003 - 00:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Switeck @ 28 November 2003 - 00:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.news@27 November 2003 - 14:37
    "... don&#39;t care WHO they sue, WHOSE lives they ruin ..."

If people are taking to court germany there could have the choice
    between public work or paying, I would choose public work, so it makes sense&#33;
    When they shut down whole college intranets it effectively &#39;punished&#39; everyone for what was only marginal traffic (25% or less) on that network. These punished people were never sued or dragged to court... but they suffered nonetheless when they couldn&#39;t rely on the school&#39;s special network/s to help them get class assignments and collaborate on projects remotely. [/b][/quote]
    At my university, the p2p traffic is estimated to be about 70% of the entire campus network traffic. There was an article about it in the student newspaper last week. They were asking people to stop sharing so much, as it puts a strain on the network and causes it to slow down sometimes, making it difficult for others to do their work. But over the christmas vacation they are going to "sub-net the network to allow the isolation and monitoring of the system, which the centralised system currently used cannot cope with." In the commentary section, the newspaper says "Please think twice before downloading that album or film, there are people out there with essays to write."

Luckily I live off campus, so it doesn&#39;t affect me.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    The tactics are working, without question. If the strategy is to reduce file sharing and file sharing is being reduced, then they are working.

It doesn&#39;t matter whether they are stopping people who don&#39;t really understand the systems, or how to protect themselves. All that matters is that they are reducing the numbers sharing.

This is our strategy and it is working, no matter what anyone wants to believe. There will always be a hardcore who will share, however these things are looked at as the big picture. Millions of &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036; a year are being saved and that&#39;s the bottom line. Cos RIAA said so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12