Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Usenet 4 f*r*e*e

He might have been ticked off about the bypass posted here in the open. It's why he went the password route. Even if you find a workaround using your assembly background, please use discretion by not posting it out in the open. We should be thankful for the program although aesthetically it is quite hideous I agree.

For those who are able to sniff the pass, not sure we are gaining anything as we are still having to use the ugly interface but +1 to @anon's suggestion of using SmartSniff for smallish tasks like this.

My only assembly background was coding for the old TMS370 processor never worked on x86

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #142
    Poster
    Has anyone tested Setup_NewZFinders_1.1.1_BETA_020.exe
    in a sandbox and monitored for suspicious syscall?

A ClamAV scan of this .exe returns the following hit

PUA.Win.Spyware.XPCSpyPro-1

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner...ro/index.phtml
    https://www.symantec.com/security_re...062813-4844-99

Behavior

Spyware.XpcSpy is a spyware program that is used to secretly monitor other users by logging keystrokes and screen shots.
    Last edited by Hn66; 07-21-2016 at 09:36 AM.

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #143
    Now there's a surprise Moved off of Windows a long time ago and only recently used this app in a VM. Going to help a lot if @sandman_1 is successful in reversing this malware.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #144
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tifozi View Post
    Now there's a surprise Moved off of Windows a long time ago and only recently used this app in a VM. Going to help a lot if @sandman_1 is successful in reversing this malware.
    I'm not outright claiming this .exe is malware, but it did trigger against a signature. Someone would need to debug and probe it further to determine if ClamAV is reporting a false positive result. I also moved off windows long ago, and don't have virtualbox on this machine, so I'm apprehensive to run it outside of a sandboxed environment.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #145
    Hi there.

Can someone please guide me or pm me how to do the wireshark thing? I'm a total noob and would like to download. I used the links provided to get the details to to use my nzb's but now it tells me the following

ERROR Il vous faut au minimum la version beta 020 - Pas le bon pass.

I don't want a link to the pass but maybe someone can guide me so that in future I can find it myself.

So far I have newzfinders beta 020 installed and wireshark installed but just don't know where to look for the password

EDIT: I sort of figured it out.

Thanks
    Last edited by Diceair; 07-23-2016 at 08:12 AM.

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #146
    Get SmartSniff. Open it, press F9, and select your network adapter. Then press Ctrl+F9 and paste the following in the text box:

Code:
    include:remote:tcp:80
    Press OK, press F5. Run NewzFinders and some entries should appear in SmartSniff's bottom panel - the password should be among them. Press F6 to stop capturing data.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #147
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Get SmartSniff. Open it, press F9, and select your network adapter. Then press Ctrl+F9 and paste the following in the text box:

Code:
    include:remote:tcp:80
    Press OK, press F5. Run NewzFinders and some entries should appear in SmartSniff's bottom panel - the password should be among them. Press F6 to stop capturing data.
    cool thanks for the info. I have it now.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #148
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Just an update:

This is more tedious than I thought trying to follow the assembler output in the debugger. I have forgotten a lot! Also the password isn't generated until a child window is open and I am having problems debugging that. Ollydbg keeps crashing every time I try to debug the child. I will keep at and hopefully stumble upon something though but it may be awhile.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #149
    Could someone post or PM me the latest password for the list of newzfinders accounts? I haven't found any kind of free/decent replacement since they started requiring a password, which still normally wouldn't be a big problem but there's something specific I want to get. I've tried Usenet.cat and can't ever get it to work to download something, and XSusenet only has a retention of 10 days. Thanks in advance if anyone can help, I appreciate it.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #150
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl49 View Post
    Could someone post or PM me the latest password for the list of newzfinders accounts?
    Unless they have recently increased their security, my tip on post #146 should work.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast