Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Usenet 4 f*r*e*e

I've been do the trial account thing every 3 days (hitnews.com) for years, worked like a charm until the past few days. Can't connect at all now. Maybe they've finally wised up??

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by pudda View Post
    I've been do the trial account thing every 3 days (hitnews.com) for years, worked like a charm until the past few days. Can't connect at all now. Maybe they've finally wised up??
    Change your IP and try again.

Edit* Changing IP can help but not in this case. I think they did wise up a bit. need to find alternative routs.
    Last edited by starz; 04-06-2014 at 06:28 PM. Reason: update

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #33
    bigb159
    I'm having the same problem with hitnews and xennews free trials. Signed up for fresh new accounts and still get a 502 Failed to login.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #34
    hitnews probably had some technical difficulties because the connections to their free server were denied for 10hours, but now it's working again.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #35
    still not working for me

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #36
    you can actually get around it with "yahoo's disposable email".

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #37
    free.xsusenet.com was working fine for many month until recently. Now when I connect, I get "Access Denied to your node". I did have multiple accounts using same IP address though.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #38
    UseNut
    Quote Originally Posted by wsame View Post
    free.xsusenet.com was working fine for many month until recently. Now when I connect, I get "Access Denied to your node". I did have multiple accounts using same IP address though.
    You must renew your account every 30 days now...

XS Usenet Free accounts need to be renewed on a monthly basis. Our free 1Mbit package is and always will be free of commitment and charge. To keep our system clean and give motivated users a chance to profit from our specials, XS Usenet will pause your account every 30 days.
    They'll issue you a different username/password after you renew your account. Check the e-mail you used to sign-up for the account.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #39
    Big Thanks UseNut. Just renewed my account and all is working again now.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #40
    How do you go about renewing an account?

I got an email saying my account expired, but the link takes me to a payment page.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast