Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Usenet 4 f*r*e*e

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Free Usenet-servers do exist!

You donīt need any username or password, but the server-addresses are well
    kept secrets.

Why?

Because of this free servers support binary-Usenet-UPLOADS (posting) too.
    The Usenet-problem is not free downloading, the problem is Usenet-binary-UPLOAD for
    free. For using normal UPLOAD-trial-accounts, you need a credit-card-number. Give your
    number away, and your anonymity is gone!
    I don't understand, do you need a secret server address or do you have to get a free trial with a credit card?

In any case, if there are ways to post articles for free, however slow, then that's (great) news to me. I thought none of the free services would ever allow it due to spam.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #172
    I don't understand, do you need a secret server address or do you have to get a free trial with a credit card?

In any case, if there are ways to post articles for free, however slow, then that's (great) news to me. I thought none of the free services would ever allow it due to spam.
    Usenet is older than Internet, and in the 80s we used it as discussion-platform only. Usenet-"articles" are short text-snippets (50-100kb). We sent this "articles" to theme-"groups" stored on thousands redundant servers around the world. Users could subscribe to theme-groups, they are interested in.

Over the years data-speed becomes faster and faster, and the need for storing other things than short text-files came up. We found a way using the old 80s-article-structure for posting software, music, and videos:

Binary-Usenet was born.

(So a ZIP or RAR-file contains thousands of short 80s-"articles")

Today, in Usnenet-Forums you can find the same things, you find in OneClickHoster-Forums too. But all the Usenet-files are online for 3 years minimum and have thousands of mirrors around the world!

If you want to do secure uploads to a OneClickHoster, you can use VPNs from Asia or Africa.

But for Uploading to Usenet-servers, the providers want a subscription - normally.
    (And a VPN is completely useless, if they have your Credit-Card-Number)

So the answer of your question is:

For doing Usenet-Uploads they want your data. (Credit Card - Pay Pal - Bank Account)
    But Usenet-Uploaders want to keep their anonymity!

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #173
    There are providers who allow signup via Crypto currencies though. And you can use pre-paid credit cards. I think there are some providers who sell block accounts that allow posting, so you could get a cheap block with unlimited uploading.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #174
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    The Usenet-problem is not free downloading, the problem is Usenet-binary-UPLOAD for
    free. For using normal UPLOAD-trial-accounts, you need a credit-card-number. Give your
    number away, and your anonymity is gone!

As I know, you need only a server address.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabber View Post
    Is anyone still using Newzfinders?
    Yes I am but not their actual application. I have xsusenet.com, Hitnew and Newsfinders which I have been using for free for the last 3-4 years without issue.

Created a task in Task Scheduler that executes a little program I wrote that registers a new user account with Hitnews every 2-3 days with the top 100 most popular first and surnames which it uses as the usernames and email addresses.
    Used my domain name and setup sub domains like proxy, host etc and pointed the MX record to Mailnesia which are throw away addresses. Mailnesia auto accepts registration links and clicks the URL to accept.
    The program then updates my SABNZBD with the new details and restarts the client. I have two backup block accounts which where 200GB and I have only used about 90GB of them.

As Newsfinders use Hitnews but has different IP connections I have multiple connections setup using both Hitnews and Newsfinders and max out my connection without issues.

It's free and it works much like a paid service so I am happy.

Hitnews I have downloaded: Total: 729.5 GB
    Newsfinders I have downloaded: Total: 738.8 GB
    Last edited by CyberCitizen; 10-03-2019 at 07:23 AM.
    Regards

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #176
    thanks for the tip on Mailnesia

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #177
    i use the free hitnews trials also..
    easyusenet trial also..just need to find an online sms service.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #178
    I tried the Hitnews free trial sign-up to try to grab some missing articles but bo joy

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #179
    Quote Originally Posted by r3tr0mkv View Post
    I tried the Hitnews free trial sign-up to try to grab some missing articles but bo joy
    Ditto-it seems to charge 1 Euro for a 1 week trial now Not good.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #180
    All good things come to an end
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."