Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3845464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: which is your all time favorite movie ???

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Dude, kicking and boxes are two of the two things that I'm good at.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #472
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdoll22 View Post
    my favorite movie is ICE AGE both parts both parts are awesome
    No seriously.....

3. Movies & TV   -   #473
    Brazil (1985)

4. Movies & TV   -   #474
    The Big Lebowski, Life of Brian, except Brian......"nah not really i'm for crucifixion"

5. Movies & TV   -   #475
    The lion king

6. Movies & TV   -   #476
    JeanMilburn
    The change up is one of the best comedy movie and i like comedy movies...

7. Movies & TV   -   #477
    The Dark Knight

8. Movies & TV   -   #478
    Serenity. Watch it after you watch the series Firefly, which it's an epilogue to, and it's like a ten hour movie. It's a sci-fi cowboy futuristic space movie/series with hot men and women. Action and romance and nerds and heartbreak. What's not to like?

9. Movies & TV   -   #479
    I'd have to say Louis Malle's My Dinner With Andre featuring Wallace Shawn and Andre Gregory. Here's a trailer if you haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7hSY0QOkII

We watched this in my first sem. It was suggested by a professor whose syllabus mainly included the works of Antonio Negri and Michael Hardt. The class was about capital in late-capital society. The film is remarkably relevant to this line of inquiry, though it was made in the 80s. Very low budget--one can see the camera shaking at times; in other instances, you can see personnel moving to and fro in the mirror behind Shaw and Gregory. The entire film is a conversation, save the opening and ending, but there's plenty of bustle since it happens in a restaurant. It's perhaps the most natural-feeling scripted conversation one can find on film. Excellent film, IMO. If anyone's interested, we watched this film especially because we were doing Andersen, Taylor, and Logio's work on contemporary sociology. You can put the book and the film in dialog, and you won't regret it.

Anybody here watched My Dinner With Andre?

10. Movies & TV   -   #480

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3845464748495051 ... LastLast