Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gingadaddy sold!!

Villalobos's Avatar n00b
    Why would someone put 21k on the table for some random usenet related website? If that number is really true, someone needs to get a better financial adviser...

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalobos View Post
    Why would someone put 21k on the table for some random usenet related website? If that number is really true, someone needs to get a better financial adviser...
    According to their Flippa page:

https://flippa.com/2951107-pr-1-nzb-...aking-2-576-mo

Description

17500 Registered users,

5,566 VIPs,

670,000 NZBs,

Huge Community of loyal followers, trusted moderators and keen uploaders.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They have about 12,000 non-vips. They are probably thinking that if they can get 2,000 of them to fork over for a VIP between now and the post Oct 15th price hike, they get their investment back the 1st month. Problem is, there is no sense of urgency to buy into an indexer right now. That and fierce competition is going to make it tough.

3. Newsgroups   -   #33
    Villalobos's Avatar n00b
    Yeah exactly. Thanks for clearing that up.

4. Newsgroups   -   #34
    azamigo
    I note that they're now hanging out the users to scalp for more $ to make up for the purchase... including demanding ransom before the Oct 15 deadline where they'll ratchet down the number of free downloads to non-vip members.

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by user3240 View Post
    They have about 12,000 non-vips. They are probably thinking that if they can get 2,000 of them to fork over for a VIP between now and the post Oct 15th price hike, they get their investment back the 1st month. Problem is, there is no sense of urgency to buy into an indexer right now. That and fierce competition is going to make it tough.
    Assuming all 12K are active (seems optimistic), that's a 16.5% conversion rate. Which is utterly bananas.

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    >Assuming all 12K are active (seems optimistic), that's a 16.5% conversion rate. Which is utterly bananas.<

LOL.....I was wondering when somebody would do the math. If all are active, a 5% conversion would only be 600/ $6,000. I would be surprised if 50% are still active. If they do 5% of the ones still active, they get $3,000. Is a 5% conversion rate too optimistic? I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out why anybody would pay 21K for a NZB indexer in today's environment.

Either they are stupid or have a moneygrab up their sleeves.

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    MysticRiffs's Avatar Super Ninja Smurf
    My guess is a combo between price gouging existing/new members and advertising. That's a decent amount of traffic from which to beat the advertising drum.

To name a thing, is to pay it respect.

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    >My guess is a combo between price gouging existing/new members and advertising. That's a decent amount of traffic from which to beat the advertising drum.<

Gingadaddy always seems to go down once or twice a month for dubious reasons. It's been down for 4 days now. Anybody know what happened?

9. Newsgroups   -   #39
    it hasn't been down for 4 days it went down Monday night not sure what happened its usually back up by now give it couple more days if still down then then start to worry
    Last edited by myself12345; 04-23-2014 at 11:29 PM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by user3240 View Post
    >My guess is a combo between price gouging existing/new members and advertising. That's a decent amount of traffic from which to beat the advertising drum.<

Gingadaddy always seems to go down once or twice a month for dubious reasons. It's been down for 4 days now. Anybody know what happened?
    Welcome to the circle of life when it comes to indexers... there's a big membership drive with lots of promises, and poof, they're gone. hakuna matata!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast