Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: When the 4k movies come out...

When the 4k movies come out, how are we going to be able to download them when pretty much all the ISPs got together and started capping everyone's bandwidth? We're not even going to be able to stream them legally so then what are we going to do?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    H.265 will have caught on by then, so file sizes should *hopefully* still be manageable. My ISP's (non-business) cap is somewhere in the neighborhood of 300GB/mo. I usually exceed that, and they haven't said shit yet.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    How much compression can H.265 do? I thought I heard a 4k movie was over 100GB.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    have coming out 4 4K movies

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometwo View Post
    When the 4k movies come out, how are we going to be able to download them when pretty much all the ISPs got together and started capping everyone's bandwidth? We're not even going to be able to stream them legally so then what are we going to do?
    "Settle" for "mere" 50GB blu-rays.

Truly, I'm into getting free stuff as much as the next klepto, but if you really feel you have to have such a pristine copy (so good that a free blu-ray won't suffice), I say go buy the damn thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Do we really need 4k-8k movies? I am a noob concerning movie formats. Full BR Rips take up way too much space for me. I will stick to the lower quality xvids or compressed BR rips.. This is the 1st time i have heard mention of 4k format movies at 100gbs each. Technology is making it harder for pirates...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    renhoek93's Avatar Poster
    Who knows we will just have to see.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    pootystomp's Avatar Poster
    The only way to get the content currently is through the sony media box that you can buy with your 4k tv. It's $700 and comes preloaded with ten movies. I've hooked up one of these and the built in 2 tb drive had 1.40 tb available with the ten movies loaded. So with the op system that makes it mid 50gb's per movie. I believe they are still using 264 codec.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometwo View Post
    How much compression can H.265 do? I thought I heard a 4k movie was over 100GB.
    All the "100GB+" quotes I've seen are the DCP 4K formats the cinemas use, and those are jpeg2000 iirc. Who knows what the final spec is gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Do we really need 4k-8k movies? I am a noob concerning movie formats. Full BR Rips take up way too much space for me. I will stick to the lower quality xvids or compressed BR rips.. This is the 1st time i have heard mention of 4k format movies at 100gbs each. Technology is making it harder for pirates...
    No we probably don't. The jump from HD->4K isn't nearly as appreciable as the transition from SD was. It'll be nice when I can view 48fps material though. I'll fall asleep twice as fast.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Ha I'm going to need a bigger HDD if they are 300gb

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast