Thread: Article: Netflix Uses Pirate Sites to Determine What Shows to Buy

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    I wouldn't mind switching to Netflix, if they didn't ask money to let people view older stuff.
    Like SoA, they only offer 4 seasons, meaning you still have to start torrenting.
    Other shows are also at least 1 full season behind, if not 2.

So what do they offer that you can't watch on the regular cable you're already paying for...?

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I would say just dont pay for cable at all. You're paying a large amount of money for only recent content that is restricted to very specific times, and with advertisements. Netflix is much cheaper, can be watched at any time, and you can watch older content. Its also commercial free. Fill in the gaps with pirating and Hulu until the TV industry comes up with a better model for distributing content, similar to what Spotify and Steam have done for music and games. Paying absurd prices for seasons on demand and premium channels such as HBO is an archaic concept and the sooner business execs realize that the better.
    Last edited by Rart; 09-15-2013 at 12:17 AM.

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Best $8 a month I spend. Period.

I have been suspicious of Netflix doing just this. They seem to trail behind the non-mainstream torrent releases by just a couple/few months in many, many cases.

If Netflix continues to improve on its already great model, I can see myself not being entirely worried about the eventual (they all do) demise of torrents.

I've said it before- if The Industries began distributing first-run content for a reasonable rate (I'd pay roughly $20-$25 per month) X100 million households in the US alone, there would be no shortage of money available to "support the artists".

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    It's just a shame I have to use a VPN to get most of the content that's available, I live in the UK and see half at most of what the US does. Netfilx allows 2 machines so does my VPN so I'm still happy using them
    I appreciate it's not Netflix's fault though.

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I see a lot these 1 year 'netflix gift codes' being sold on e-bay for a fraction of the price. I wonder if these people have figured out a way to generate these codes.

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    Dear Netflix unpayed employees,
    Please continue good work

8. vBCms Comments   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by crocan View Post
    Dear Netflix unpayed employees,
    Please continue good work
    "Unpaid" other than the free television and movies. I have no problem with the Industries making money, I just do not support them directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. vBCms Comments   -   #9
    Netflix is free foe one mounth