Thread: Firewall Running On Xp Log-in Screen?

Poster
    Hello,

I use XP with multiple log-ons (for the kids etc)

Whenever you switch user the internet connection drops and I get disconnected from here etc.

I can alter the registry so this doesn't happen but if I log off and leave it on the log-in screen the internet connection will still be active. What I am wondering is if anyone knows if Norton Personal Firewall still runs on the log-in screen??

Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    If you set it to run at system startup I think it'll start as soon as the login screen appears.
    I'll have to test this by leaving my machine at the login screen and powering on the kids' puter because that always brings up a NIS warning... but not until later
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    The process is not started until you login, thus I do not think that it would protect you. However for the same reason, any trojan that a hacker was gonna use would probably not be started either.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Smurfette@22 November 2003 - 16:55
    If you set it to run at system startup I think it'll start as soon as the login screen appears.
    I'll have to test this by leaving my machine at the login screen and powering on the kids' puter because that always brings up a NIS warning... but not until later
    Hmmm I'm not sure you can set it to run at system start up..only windows start up..and is that from the log-in?