Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Pc Is Stupid

•Balla•
    well my pc is retarted...i got 2 slots and one is cd rom and one is cd writer

andi want a dvd rw but no slot to install it....should i like destroy the cd rom and install the dvd writer there or should i destroy the cd writer

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Why must you destroy either?
    Can't you simply uninstall?

Prolly the CD-ROM is the likely choice.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    buy a dvd rw/ cd rw combo. sure its a lot of money, but what the hell

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    remove the cd-rom drive and keep it for emergencies or sell it on
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    y do u have both a cd-rom and a cd burner? did it come that way or did u upgrade

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    •Balla•
    well i didnt nkow i can uninstall....and it came that way

dont dvd writers burn normal cds too

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Cd and Cdrw for copying on the "fly" quicker.
    Yes as said go for a dvd rw/ cd rw combo which ever way you go before you take say the cd rom out of the machine go to device manager and remove the driver for it then hopefully you won&#39;t have a problem like many have posted in the past about "Windows can&#39;t find my Cd etc" when I upgraded to a Dvd.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by •Balla•@24 November 2003 - 01:14
    well i didnt nkow i can uninstall....and it came that way

dont dvd writers burn normal cds too
    Unless the manufacturer welded the unit in ( not really very common) it is probably held in with screws. Thus, it can be removed.

Google "screw/screwdriver" for further information.
    Remember to wear safety goggles.

Yes, a DVD burner will also burn regular CDs, but it is still nice to have a separate CD unit installed as you can then copy from one disk directly to another without having to DL to your HDD first.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by clocker@24 November 2003 - 13:27
    lol plz tell me you are kidding. its only 4(or something like that) screws u gota take out
    yea dvd burn cd but at really slow speed unless u get one thats fairly expensive. so take out the cd rom and leave teh cd buring job to ur cd-r/rw

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by raiserblade2003+24 November 2003 - 07:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (raiserblade2003 @ 24 November 2003 - 07:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@24 November 2003 - 13:27
    lol plz tell me you are kidding. its only 4(or something like that) screws u gota take out
    yea dvd burn cd but at really slow speed unless u get one thats fairly expensive. so take out the cd rom and leave teh cd buring job to ur cd-r/rw [/b][/quote]
    When someone says that they have to "destroy" a unit in order to remove it, then I think that erring on the side of safety is prudent.

All of the DVD units that I have seen will burn a CD at pretty fast speeds, not just the "expensive" ones.
    The pricier models tend to burn DVDs faster, but even so, it&#39;s way slower than CD burning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast