Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Sony: New Video Players Should Be Internet Connected to Beat Pirates

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Assholes.
    I still HATE Sony for disabling the use of Linux on the machine I paid for. I do not trust these pricks, and wish them catastrophic failure with this and everything they touch.

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Assholes.
    I still HATE Sony for disabling the use of Linux on the machine I paid for. I do not trust these pricks, and wish them catastrophic failure with this and everything they touch.
    Don't sit on the fence, tell us what you're really thinking
    Makes you wonder if they're secretly planning stuff with the PS4.

PS. posted a few months ago on torrentfreak http://torrentfreak.com/sony-video-p...irates-130703/

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Assholes.
    All large corporations tend to be evil but I think the question you should really be asking yourself is if you hate fences and the guy next door is forced to put up a fence (which you hate) to keep out pests.Is the guy to blame for the fence being there or are the pests to blame?
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    renhoek93's Avatar Poster
    Assholes.

I agree man this is bullshit.

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Governments, large institutions and corporations all want to control. They wish to dominate. They need to prove that they hold the reins to humanity, and they are not afraid to yank them.

The simple fact is that ever since the digital age took off big time, some time back in the 80's, they have been inventing newer and cheaper ways to monitor us, and control us.

They can catch us speeding using remote cameras which can also detect if we have a tax disk. They can monitor us as we go from shop to shop. They listen to our telephone conversations. They watch us with our web cams. They have our Biometrics stored so they can watch us come and go.

Where will it end?

DNA recording from birth? Microchip implant at birth? Retinal data? Urine Biometrics (this one is interesting, as they will be able to trace our movements based on where we take a piss)?

So, as processors become even faster and more powerful, those in charge are coming us with new and novel ways to monitor us using this technology.

The real scary part is that we are rapidly heading towards a society whereby computers will control our daily chores. In fact, Star Trek, The Next Generation Borgs are not too far in the distant future, where humanity will be at the beck and call of computers supposedly being run for those privileged few who will still have their own will power.

In fact, regardless whether intellectual property can or cannot be owned, there are those who are hell bent on protecting something that should be public domain. Greed will drive us to the brink of slavery again.

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    Bum post. Sorry.

8. vBCms Comments   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    All large corporations tend to be evil but I think the question you should really be asking yourself is if you hate fences and the guy next door is forced to put up a fence (which you hate) to keep out pests.Is the guy to blame for the fence being there or are the pests to blame?
    My neighbor is unlikely to build a fence that is going to track my every movement, now isn't he?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. vBCms Comments   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

My neighbor is unlikely to build a fence that is going to track my every movement, now isn't he?
    To be fair though that's only because you're very boring and he doesn't see that there's anything in it for him.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. vBCms Comments   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Governments, large institutions and corporations all want to control. They wish to dominate. They need to prove that they hold the reins to humanity, and they are not afraid to yank them.

The simple fact is that ever since the digital age took off big time, some time back in the 80's, they have been inventing newer and cheaper ways to monitor us, and control us.

They can catch us speeding using remote cameras which can also detect if we have a tax disk. They can monitor us as we go from shop to shop. They listen to our telephone conversations. They watch us with our web cams. They have our Biometrics stored so they can watch us come and go.

In fact, regardless whether intellectual property can or cannot be owned, there are those who are hell bent on protecting something that should be public domain. Greed will drive us to the brink of slavery again.
    Very true. Unfortunately, we are the authors of our own prisons. We willingly enjoy the chains of our slavery.
    The chain links come in the form of our cell phones, TV's, computers, internet and wifi, slipping in under the guise of comfort, entertainment and necessity. Not all of us can afford to, nor do most of us want to... but until we move towards a self-sufficient off the grid mentality, we continue to be dependant on the system that enslaves us.

Governments are just the instrument of a greater evil. The important thing to remember is that while we are being distracted by Miley Cyrus, the Denver Broncos, and all things sparkly and pretty, Corporations that give us these wonderful newer, faster, stronger technologies, are also putting the final touches on total control of our food, water, and shelter. And yet, most people want big brother... slaves to the calendar, slaves to their favourite teams, slaves to their
    BB cues and white picket fences...
    No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated and disciplined.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast