Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best, Fastest Bittorrent Program Available?

Do any of you guys know which is the best BitTorrent program available. I only have a 56k connection usually I download @ 7kb/s but I've been downloading a 1.5gig file for over a week now. It should only take a few days but I can't set my upload limit less than 2 users and it's stealing my bandwith. I can download 80 megs in one connection but now I download 20 megs and upload 60 megs. I still share but this is annoying can anyone help?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    what program do u use now?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Burst

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    muchspl2

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    hmmm, i think thats more of a preference...I use Nova Torrent, and Azureus...and what r u doin dl a 1.5 gig file with a 56k!!!! It sure would suck if you dl about 95% of the file and everyone bailed and youre left with an incomplete file that will never be finished...i learned that the hard way ...though if youre dl at 7 kb/s then maybe its not so bad since i max out at 3.5 - 4 at my greatest times on my dial-up... Anyway those r the 2 i prefer.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I came to post the exact same question, except I'm on cable. Bittorrent is a notorious bandwidth hog. That's why I've put off giving it a try for so long. But now there are some files I want to get that are only available on bittorrent. I need a highly custimizable client, preferably of K-Lite quality (if that's even possible ).

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I'll second the Azureus client.

You can limit the upload pretty well ( and still share) and the d/l speed is good.

Works for me, give it a try, HERE

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    its definitely getting hard to choose a client these days with all the new ones coming out daily

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Azureus does look good, but a bit over complicated. I'm gonna try Nova for a little while.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Originally posted by soma@28 October 2003 - 12:23
    It sure would suck if you dl about 95% of the file and everyone bailed and youre left with an incomplete file that will never be finished...i learned that the hard way
    so have i 1.4GB/1.5GB & no1 around

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast