Thread: Opened Up You Ps2 Latley?

SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    hehehe
    partlt out of stupidityi have come across something, although i guess this also applies as a software question, i have (see pic)

That is the network nic for PS2 and i have an 80 gig hard drive(brand new and blank)
    i am also using the original PS2 (bought it when it first came out) notice the molex power and IDe hook up hmmm just like the hard drive...

now i putt it in the case...
    start it up...
    thge Ps2 recognized it as a memery card...(damn big one too, kiss my ass 2 mb card)
    now my question is what do ya think i could do to get some software running on there?? mayby an os?? i think i may neeed a mod chip to let me use a windows install cd... your thoughts poeple(remember i am willing to go the distance)

P.S.
    sry bout the size of the pic, i guess i will only get responses from broudband poeple... hehehehe

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well i think you can run Linux off it and browse the net with your TV (get the ps2 keyboard)

The best mod chips out there allow you to play DivX movies off that HD and stuff also.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    hmm how much money ya think for the "best" and where are they??

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Huh... Can you just slap in any old hard drive?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    @SciManAl, please edit your first post with the smaller image. Thanks.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Can you actually save your games onto it ??

You might need to find out what file system the ps2's memory cards run on and find some software to format the hdd to that file system.

Never know it might work!

I cant really find any dramatic mods for ps2 but i can find heaps for the xbox.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by neattairoski@22 November 2003 - 23:49
    I cant really find any dramatic mods for ps2 but i can find heaps for the xbox.
    where, and is it worth the money? i've found mod chips 4 the xbox as well, but they cost over a hundred bucks so not really worth it 2 me. plus the hassle of downloadin the game then burnin it.

my time is worth somethin! some people will spend 10 hours and 6 bucks on a dvd-r, just fer 1 game. my time is worth more than 4 bucks an hour -