Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the safest way to download usenet and torrent files

Quote Originally Posted by bilblo View Post
    Torrents are traceable, usenet is less so and with VPN even more so.
    I agree. In all the reading and research I have done, I feel "safer" with usenet than torrents. I rarely use torrents and only for stuff that is hard to find on usenet and never without a VPN.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    pythoncancer's Avatar Poster
    use SSL ,it`ll cost may be dollar or two more but its best bet

Sir appreciate it -Good info shared and Thanks Admin in helping n00bs become experienced

Quote Originally Posted by XsnookumsX View Post
    sabnzbd though not easiest to setup, once it is, it usually works flawlessly

i find privacy.io one of the best vpn's out there, even worked on my android smartphone too

as for server, go into your account with astraweb and use the ssl servers,

- ssl.astraweb.com
    - ssl-eu.astraweb.com (European servers)
    - ssl-us.astraweb.com (U.S. servers)

when i was with astraweb i used eu one mainly with it's maximum connections,
    and set us one as a backup only server as it tended to be slower.

with port 443
    port 563 only really needed if your isp classes usenet as a p2p and throttles/blocks it, but very rare thats a case.

with ssl on, you don't actually need a vpn as all the isp can see is a bunch of encrypted data, they no idea if it legal or not, only time you would need a vpn is if your uploading to usenet, as then you would need to make a new email too under the vpn to make sure the email provider has no traces to your current isp.

as for torrents, emule, dc++, and any other file sharing systems in which your actively sharing automatically with others in a swarm style ip pool, then you must always use a secure vpn.

there are ip blockers but they not 100% reliable, and once in a swarm especially in a DHT server pool, when you disconnect it don't always remove you for anything up to 24 hours or till it auto resets.

I know this an old post but maybe this info might help others who come across it.
    Last edited by pythoncancer; 01-19-2014 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Peerblock for torrents, SSL for usenet if your paranoid

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Captnhook's Avatar Member
    I've been using usenet since forever.
    Hell I been using it before binaries.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Private Internet access costs $39 a year uses VPN to mask your IP address. Astraweb for the NZB files.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Never used torrents, wont risk it. Movie companies putting trackers on em and noting ips!

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    I think any form of VPN should be good enough for any sort of Downloading... Just mix things up and don't jump on those crazy new movie public torrents

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    does using red shield help with torrent site?
    if so how you use it

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Thanks for the great info. I am using your usenet pointers and downloading like a champ! I have sabnzb set up to access outside my network along with Couchpotato and Plex. All using SSL. Now that I understand this usenet stuff I wouldnt ever go back to tors. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by XsnookumsX View Post
    sabnzbd though not easiest to setup, once it is, it usually works flawlessly

i find privacy.io one of the best vpn's out there, even worked on my android smartphone too

as for server, go into your account with astraweb and use the ssl servers,

- ssl.astraweb.com
    - ssl-eu.astraweb.com (European servers)
    - ssl-us.astraweb.com (U.S. servers)

when i was with astraweb i used eu one mainly with it's maximum connections,
    and set us one as a backup only server as it tended to be slower.

with port 443
    port 563 only really needed if your isp classes usenet as a p2p and throttles/blocks it, but very rare thats a case.

with ssl on, you don't actually need a vpn as all the isp can see is a bunch of encrypted data, they no idea if it legal or not, only time you would need a vpn is if your uploading to usenet, as then you would need to make a new email too under the vpn to make sure the email provider has no traces to your current isp.

as for torrents, emule, dc++, and any other file sharing systems in which your actively sharing automatically with others in a swarm style ip pool, then you must always use a secure vpn.

there are ip blockers but they not 100% reliable, and once in a swarm especially in a DHT server pool, when you disconnect it don't always remove you for anything up to 24 hours or till it auto resets.

I know this an old post but maybe this info might help others who come across it.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    I'd recommend newsgroups. I use newsguy as my provider and NZB-O-Matic to download.

Torrent sites are much more dangerous and unreliable.
    Last edited by m7773d; 01-24-2014 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast