Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bluray quality

DO you guys think bluray is the best or should I look only into 720p/1080p?

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I typically stick to remux's for movies and yes you can easily tell the difference. It also depends on what your viewing it on. Most people have a 1080p viewing device I.E. a monitor, LCD/LED TV. On these you can easily notice less grain when watching a remux for example because of the untouched bitrate.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    I don't think it makes a difference unless your TV is larger than 40".

But then for the time it takes to download BD movies, I can probably run out to have it rent.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Now where is it people are getting this "must have 40"/55" television" figure? I have a 102"* Da-Lite screen fed by an Epson 8350. While I do not feel the need for smooth-as-glass video, 720p rips are great and even 1.4GB files are very nice. I seldom download anything over 4GB.

*Which is not too far off from having 4 50" screens placed together.

Quote Originally Posted by MBM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I remember the first time I saw true 1080p- I was amazed.
    I'm pretty sure most of that was in your head.
    I should have mentioned that this was at the transition point between NTSC 525 lines and HD.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 03-17-2014 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    I think 720p is a good quality/size tradeoff for most viewing setups.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Hi,

As others have stated, a big part of it is how large your television is, and how close you sit to the TV. Generally speaking, with a 1080p file vs a 720p file you probably won't notice much difference.

Good luck!

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Agree, it will totally depend on what you are viewing it on, sometimes on a smaller TV sitting in my lounge the quality doesn't need to be amazing for it to look good.

720p is what i usually go for, although i know people who will refuse to what anything that isn't 1080p (physiological thing maybe? )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123