Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking classic Dr. Who episodes

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mh1313 View Post
    IPT is a PAY-for Torrent service? Or just another forum community that has bennies once you're in?
    They sure try hard with their constant pressures to "donate". However, you don't really need to. Torrents aren't typically that hard to use, but there may be some barriers such as your internet provider or your router needing its ports forwarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Member BT Rep: +1
    If you can't use torrents, then the cheapest seedbox I know of is $1.40/month, cheaper if you go longer term. It allows 2 torrents at a time, each up to 75GB if you take the cloud option. That's big enough to grab that Dr Who freeleech torrent on IPT and a whole lot more. I'm sure someone here will give you an invite.

http://www.yourseedbox.com/page/shared_seedbox

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by justlooking View Post
    If you can't use torrents, then the cheapest seedbox I know of is $1.40/month, cheaper if you go longer term. It allows 2 torrents at a time, each up to 75GB if you take the cloud option. That's big enough to grab that Dr Who freeleech torrent on IPT and a whole lot more. I'm sure someone here will give you an invite.

http://www.yourseedbox.com/page/shared_seedbox
    Actually, that entire Doctor Who torrent is 200GB+. However, he said he's only looking for a few episodes. Strange your advice has him purchasing a long term seedbox when he hasn't even got an invite yet, nor knows if he's even going to like torrenting. Help getting his torrents working is free. He can decide what he wants/needs later.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Poster
    What's the "best" Torrent client? I tried a lot of them over the years and I don't think I had one successful download.
    How long does a Torrent download usually take (estimate using avg. DL times)?

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    What's the "best" Torrent client? I tried a lot of them over the years and I don't think I had one successful download.
    On Windows just seek out the last 2.xx version of uTorrent. I think it was something like 2.2.1 or < 22/(2! + 2^2) whatever.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    On Windows just seek out the last 2.xx version of uTorrent. I think it was something like 2.2.1 or < 22/(2! + 2^2) whatever.
    That's the version I use. Anything after that is owned (pwned?) by some corporate scumsucker types who have been trying to make a once-was-free program that worked great into something profitable. It should be avoided, IMO.

EDIT- reasonably certain I downloaded my most recent install from here. Read the comments if you are even considering a newer version.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 11-10-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Link

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

Actually, that entire Doctor Who torrent is 200GB+. However, he said he's only looking for a few episodes. Strange your advice has him purchasing a long term seedbox when he hasn't even got an invite yet, nor knows if he's even going to like torrenting. Help getting his torrents working is free. He can decide what he wants/needs later.

Do I have to defend myself ? A guy said he was interested in certain Tom Baker episodes- Dr Who - Tom Baker (1974-1981) [FreeLeech] [FreeLeech]
    4.1 years ago 55 GB 675 22 4 . As far as a long term seedbox is concerned, it's listed at 2.89 Euros for 3 months, around $3.90 for a guy to try torrents. Not much of a commitment. And as far as getting an invite, I remember you saying that the best way for a guy to get into private trackers was to get an invite here."Or, you can get to "know" some generous people around this site by contributing your interests, wit, knowledge, etc. and then making a request in the appropriate section. Chances are good that someone will be willing to help you get "in the door" without jumping through all of the hoops mentioned above." Or he can check out Bitsnoop and find Tom Baker episodes on a public tracker. That seedbox allows public trackers. Then he doesn't have to rely on the generosity of anyone here.
    Last edited by justlooking; 11-10-2013 at 04:43 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Do I have to defend myself ?
    You should always be prepared to do so.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Do I have to defend myself ?
    You should always be prepared to do so.
    So filesharingtalk is akin to the Miami Dolphins' locker room. I understand, but when poster "A" says he can't use torrents after many tries and wants to download something , and poster "B" suggests spending $1.40 to download that and more and see if he wants to use torrents regularly, I don't see the rationale for poster "C" to jump in and criticize "B". That's a stretch even for a debating forum. C my point... I mean see my point.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You mean besides the obvious "you're a spastic" one?
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast