Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seeking classic Dr. Who episodes

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    You mean besides the obvious "you're a spastic" one?
    Yeah, he did seem to clear that up.

@justlookingspastic: You have a n00b to the community cart shopping before he's found a horse. Let's see if he likes the mode of transportation first.

EDIT- and since I am the only one who has mentioned a torrent in this thread (up til now), we might be able to assume it was the one I was talking about.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 11-10-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mh1313 View Post
    IPT is a PAY-for Torrent service? Or just another forum community that has bennies once you're in?

I've never been able to get Torrents to work on my end. There must be some "trick" or inside info ... or maybe I'm too dumb to figure out how to tweak torrent clients to make them worth the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Tom Baker was one of my favorite Doctors of all time.

(Get it?)
    Agreed ... but the best-rated DW epi was the last one of the Doctor that followed TB.

Also, around the same time TB came in, DW writer (creator of the Daleks), Terry Nation, along with BBC, launched another series called Survivors. And THAT was, by far, the best (most intellectual) tv series outta that creative bunch. Even by today's YouTube std ... which is saying a lot.
    Thank YOU! I'll look for it!

(Being the egg head scifi freak I am, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Thanks again for the excellent info!)

(For intelligent science fiction/drama how would you rate it with BSG? Giving BSG a 10 [which it was] in it's last reincarnation.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 11-11-2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Time Slipping & The Sonic Screwdriver

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by justlooking View Post
    So filesharingtalk is akin to the Miami Dolphins' locker room.
    By relation that one experiences both environments in life and should steel themselves before climbing out of the bubble. Courtesy is finite. Trust is finite. The propagation of ideas and string of thoughts and possibilities are infinite.

Defend.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

By relation that one experiences both environments in life and should steel themselves before climbing out of the bubble. Courtesy is finite. Trust is finite. The propagation of ideas and string of thoughts and possibilities are infinite.
    It appears that Ted Williams was uncommonly eloquent for a baseball player.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?

I wish I could remember that thing what I uttered once that was similar to Ted and I liked it and stuff.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

I wish I could remember that thing what I uttered once that was similar to Ted and I liked it and stuff.
    Even after his death, stuff still comes out of Ted Williams' head...

Johnson writes that holes were drilled in Williams' severed head for the insertion of microphones, then frozen in liquid nitrogen while Alcor employees recorded the sounds of Williams' brain cracking 16 times as temperatures dropped to -321 degrees Fahrenheit.

Johnson writes that the head was balanced on an empty can of Bumble Bee tuna to keep it from sticking to the bottom of its case.
    Johnson describes watching as another Alcor employee removed Williams' head from the freezer with a stick, and tried to dislodge the tuna can by swinging at it with a monkey wrench.
    The technician, no .406 hitter like the baseball legend, missed the can with several swings of the wrench and smacked Williams' head directly, spraying "tiny pieces of frozen head" around the room.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2kVLlWnKn
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123