Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking classic Dr. Who episodes

Poster
    Sorry if this isn't the right subforum to pose this query.

Looking for certain classic Tom Baker Doctor Who episodes. I don't use Torrents (never been able to make them work) so I prefer Uploaded or other host.

I have (non-exhaustively) searched many of the popular FS/media forums, like rapidmovies, etc and came up with almost nothing. these Dr. Who classics are not avail., links or references to other sources are hugely appreciated.
    You can PM a reply, too, as I realize that repositories for these commodities need to be protected
    Thx much!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I believe you would do well to subscribe to Netflix. It is about the best $8 a month you can spend. They currently have both a "classic collection" (1964-1989), and the 2005 series.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Thx ... anyway to save the Netflix stream? I use JD for most everything ... but it is has become VERY unreliable ...lately it has stopped for YouTube.

Netflix image quality looks decent, and the stream is smooth and not CPU intensive.
    Last edited by mh1313; 11-08-2013 at 10:35 AM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Fraps
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    netflix is a good option and cheap for what you get,even though usually when licenses run out content never returns.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Johndon View Post
    netflix is a good option and cheap for what you get,even though usually when licenses run out content never returns.
    I rarely find the need to collect videos. Others do so, and that makes filesharing viable. As for Netflix, they provide me with more content than I can manage to sort through- yet alone view on any given month. Between the two, I NEVER run out of good content for myself and my family.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    Filesharing promotes unnecessary collection similar to tradit. shopping/buying. I only want certain Dr. Who titles -- may be a dozen in all -- because they are worth having LOCALLY (on a HDD, etc.). Netflix charges an addit $8 for DVDs, and I don't want that $$ even if I get a decent rippable media -- just streaming is okay. Heck, if Netflix goes down for some reason, chances are the asteroid strike will affect me, too
    Truth is ... it is cool just to NOT have leftovers from older habits (material collections of anything, incl. classic movies, tv shows, etc) ... and, the fact that newer, more novel stuff proves way more entertaining ... YMMV. Lectures and HOW-TO vids on YouTube are what I almost always turn to even though I've got the latest movies and TV shows (rips) around ... the YouTube stuff is way more entertaining than just about anything legacy (i.e., my DVD collection rips or other vids I got via FS).

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Tom Baker was one of my favorite Doctors of all time.

(Get it?)

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mh1313 View Post
    Filesharing promotes unnecessary collection similar to tradit. shopping/buying. I only want certain Dr. Who titles -- may be a dozen in all -- because they are worth having LOCALLY (on a HDD, etc.). Netflix charges an addit $8 for DVDs, and I don't want that $$ even if I get a decent rippable media -- just streaming is okay. Heck, if Netflix goes down for some reason, chances are the asteroid strike will affect me, too
    Truth is ... it is cool just to NOT have leftovers from older habits (material collections of anything, incl. classic movies, tv shows, etc) ... and, the fact that newer, more novel stuff proves way more entertaining ... YMMV. Lectures and HOW-TO vids on YouTube are what I almost always turn to even though I've got the latest movies and TV shows (rips) around ... the YouTube stuff is way more entertaining than just about anything legacy (i.e., my DVD collection rips or other vids I got via FS).
    Yeah, LOTS of good time killers on YouTube.

I hope NetFlix has what you are looking for. If not, IPT has a couple of VERY large collections of Doctor Who from beginning to current. One of them is free leech, so you could grab it with a new account. I do realize you are not excited about torrents, but it is a viable, well-seeded resource.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    IPT is a PAY-for Torrent service? Or just another forum community that has bennies once you're in?

I've never been able to get Torrents to work on my end. There must be some "trick" or inside info ... or maybe I'm too dumb to figure out how to tweak torrent clients to make them worth the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    Tom Baker was one of my favorite Doctors of all time.

(Get it?)
    Agreed ... but the best-rated DW epi was the last one of the Doctor that followed TB.

Also, around the same time TB came in, DW writer (creator of the Daleks), Terry Nation, along with BBC, launched another series called Survivors. And THAT was, by far, the best (most intellectual) tv series outta that creative bunch. Even by today's YouTube std ... which is saying a lot.
    Last edited by mh1313; 11-09-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast