Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About private trackers

A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Enden
    A great member will contribute a lot to the community

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Enden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    So, what's your perspective? You're implying that there's no difference between members of a private tracker...?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Enden View Post
    Laugh all you want, but that's a fact. A great member will contribute a lot to the community - most members don't do that, and if only members are allowed to invite new people, you'll miss out on some of them.

I'm now in on IPT, btw The difference between a public- and private tracker is huge.
    What Aby meant to say was that he recently had an aneurysm and forgot what it is like to have no way in to private trackers.

Congrats on getting into IPT. I tend to use that one more than most others currently. It is a good site. Remember that each site has its own set of rules, and IPT has a unique system. Always read the site rules, as well as learn how difficult it is to seed back on any tracker you join- all will be different, and some are next to impossible.

BTW, Aby also knows nothing of contributing, or greatness.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 11-11-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

Congrats on getting into IPT. I tend to use that one more than most others currently. It is a good site. Remember that each site has its own set of rules, and IPT has a unique system.

Excellent general tracker. And it's new H&R rules caused a mini-rebellion which decreased traffic noticeably, but it's still a cut above most other general trackers.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Hehe, thanks Seeding back shouldn't be a problem for recent, popular torrents. However, I've noticed that it's difficult to seed back on old torrents. You say that it's almost impossible to seed back on some private trackers. The ratio system is important, but what's the point if you can't download what you want, without the risk of being banned because enough members aren't uploading from you?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    It's a game so there have to be winners and losers.

Btw that was a serious comment.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    It shouldn't be about anything else than sharing and getting what you want, while having a good time.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    They expect you to try seeding to 1:1 for 2 days. If you can't upload that much, then just zap the torrent with your buffer or 50 bonus points if it's a big file. Not very difficult, they have freeleech stuff that gives you a big buffer if you jump on them quickly. Make sure you delete the torrent first before you zap it, or it'll still be there.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Enden View Post
    It shouldn't be about anything else than sharing and getting what you want, while having a good time.
    So kill everyone like justlooking who has a seedbox and yet insists on immediately jumping on every popular torrent and seeding the fuck out of it for no good purpose but all to your detriment.

No really, please kill justlooking.I'm willing to reward you with upload credit and possibly a higher user class if that's any incentive.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

So kill everyone like justlooking who has a seedbox and yet insists on immediately jumping on every popular torrent and seeding the fuck out of it for no good purpose but all to your detriment.

No really, please kill justlooking.I'm willing to reward you with upload credit and possibly a higher user class if that's any incentive.

How can you know me so well...I mean no, I control myself very well that way with a cheap seedbox that has a monthly upload limit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast