Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ScT REMBERANCE DAY!!

teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by justlooking View Post
    I never had the pleasure of belonging to the legendary ScT, but I know it was 1 second faster than SCC, 2 seconds faster than TSH, and 4 seconds faster than IPT, but because I download primetime stuff, go to sleep, then watch it 4 hours later, I don't know how getting it a second sooner really impacts me.
    I never could wrap my head around why anyone would care about a few seconds difference on release times. I guess it must be a adolescent thing.

The one thing that stuck out about ScT for me, is that you could donate for invites...Or in other words, you could buy invites. Which I found pretty amusing in that if you were found selling ScT invites or giving them away on an invite forum, you were banned. Typical hypocrisy.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Aby View Post
    Idoleyes keep changing colors. Green, Blue, Purple. What next? Pink?
    Crip, and then I shall be gangsta for life.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

Last edited by megabyteme; 12-01-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    ScT in the past, the future TsH

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Was it really THAT great, or did it's reputation surpass the reality? Seems like a routine scene site, not as content rich as many scene/p2p sites that encourage uploads by everyone.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/29m16yu.jpg

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It was a routine scene site, but with one big difference, which you will most likely never see today. The majority of members actually used the site, which meant that it wasn't really a problem to seed, since seedbox space was lower and that meant the uploaders left the swarms pretty fast and regular members with slow lines stayed on to seed as long as needed. Which in turn meant that you could easily survive as a heavy user with a slow pipe. Also it pretty much always worked and loaded fast, thus stayed pretty active and interesting.

I don't believe there is any way to achieve this now with the acceptance of the majority of Bt-users that non-scene is almost always better quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Leave it to GoldenHourPin-stripedTitBabbler to take this "remembrance" seriously.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Well shoot me for being a bit nostalgic. I miss the old days before OiNK, SCT and FTWR shut down.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    Well shoot me for being a bit nostalgic. I miss the old days before OiNK, SCT and FTWR shut down.
    Would it be OK if I use an arrow? I'm not so fond of explosion-based armaments. Actually, I can't be bothered with honoring a rendezvous at the moment. Would you mind setting up something with Meg who I'm sure can simultaneously act in my stead and satisfy your request?
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Hey is this a "My spastic internet teenager is better than your spastic internet teenager" thread because I really get into something like that in a big way.

Here's Herman Mezleshits.

E2AA1B5E-E7F2-99DF-3341E329F83EE6CF_1.gif

In the realm of online teen spastics he's basically a god.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast