Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find the NZB for the complete file?

Hello,

I've searched various NZB search engines for the file "That.Touch.of.Mink.1962.COMPLETE.BLURAY-LCHD" but all I see is 1mb-50mbs results when the file should be around 20GB.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MysticRiffs's Avatar Super Ninja Smurf
    I see what you mean. I can't find hide nor hare of it, either. I do know that a great many German ups tend to have secondary English audios, so maybe Ein Hauch von Nerz 1962 might be worth a look on those big 25Gig type sites? That's an utter, utter guess, though, and google did the tranny, not me.

To name a thing, is to pay it respect.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Hide nor hair. "We could find neither hide nor hair of him" .
    Your way makes no sense unless maybe the person in question is a magician or a poacher.

Note: In the special case of the Lindbergh baby "hide nor heir " is considered acceptable.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I would have gone with hare since OP started with mink.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I would have gone with hare since OP started with mink.
    True, but with hide (mink pelt) or hide (hidden), I suppose you would have to go with politically correct second option.

(Thank both for your astute observations clarifying this veritable vermin conundrum.
    )
    Last edited by Stehle; 01-06-2014 at 10:45 PM. Reason: PIDA is watching.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippit58 View Post
    I've searched various NZB search engines for the file "That.Touch.of.Mink.1962.COMPLETE.BLURAY-LCHD" but all I see is 1mb-50mbs results when the file should be around 20GB.
    In case you haven't already figured this out (and others as well) that these are malware distributions by someone/some folks out there that apparently are taking encrypted postings (you know, the ones with gibberish filenames and usually rar encrypted, links to which are posted on pay-walled sites) and then plugging in the malware for folks to 'get'.

Whether or not it's being done by the folks running the pay-walled sites, by others in 'league' with them, or just someone out there who is on one of these sites and likes to screw with folks (and you know who the usual suspects are) who knows. What's interesting is that the malware doesn't point folks to the actual pay-walled sited but is a standard hijack routine to get more money.

A simple track down of these types of files (and indeed this one) shows that it originated in Europe. Of course, whether or not the actual folks posting them ARE in Europe is a question, but as they originate out of a Europe-only usenet server-plant, it's a good guess.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Member BT Rep: +1
    What about this other one? That.Touch.of.Mink.1962.720p.BluRay.X264-Japhson
    Last edited by justlooking; 01-10-2014 at 11:54 AM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by justlooking View Post
    or this if interested: That.Touch.of.Mink.1962.1080p.BluRay.X264-Japhson
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by justlooking View Post
    Since it's around 5GB, probably just fine (i.e., not a malware). But, as the 'original-source' is listed as a BD25, one has to figure it's been squeezed pretty heavily (say 20GB to 5GB, that's 1/4th the original sizing). Now the question is, why didn't they (whoever) post the full BD25 either instead of or as a adjunct to the squished version, give folks a choice.

I guess if one is a real fan of this particular movie, or doesn't care that the 'HD' quality is somewhere below the SD/DVD, then I guess it fills a niche.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck38 View Post
    Since it's around 5GB, probably just fine (i.e., not a malware). But, as the 'original-source' is listed as a BD25, one has to figure it's been squeezed pretty heavily (say 20GB to 5GB, that's 1/4th the original sizing). Now the question is, why didn't they (whoever) post the full BD25 either instead of or as a adjunct to the squished version, give folks a choice.
    Japhson is a scene group, so they're bound by the x264 ruleset in terms of how they can encode (I believe bitrate ceiling is 8000Kbit for 720). Their 1080 release looks to clock in at around 7 GB. Poster was more than likely just relaying the file. If you think that's squished, take a look again at what YIFY puts out.
    Last edited by piercerseth; 01-10-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast