Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ship of Fools

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Btw apparently you aren't none too bright but you do realize that Rush Limbaugh doesn't even himself believe what he is spouting and just plays to extremists such as yourself in order to make a lot of money.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    All that chatter, and not a single quote. It's called rhetoric. The "right" (often those with companies which create various forms of waste/pollution) is looking for anything/anyone who will offer counter-points. You say the "left" is filled with pseudo-scientists, it is actually the "right" who is willing to pay lobbyists, lawyers, pundits for "disputing" these claims. And they do so with the rhetoric you buy into and post as "fact".

Maybe by the time you actually have to write a thesis you'll have a clue as to what is usable as evidence and what will get you laughed at. Certainly, you are racking up experience in that area.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Also I know this is highly inappropriate for me to mention but I'm afraid I simply can't take anything seriously from someone who thinks leather pants on a man is a good look.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    I noticed that Canada pulled out of Kyoto because they said it would bankrupt them and it wasn't fair because third world nations were still allowed to spew out carbon with few if any restrictions.
    And the fact that our present leader is a second generation (ex) oil company employee who is totally subservient to that industry has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-07-2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: I'm kinda simple

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    I lay no claim to the wackjobs and I don't get why he's so angry.
    People like me realize that we have been royally screwed over by the older generations of Americans in terms of almost everything from trade deficits, government debt, energy policies, and overwhelming immigration from the third world (both legal and illegal).

It will be people like me who will have to deal with all these issues for the next 60 years or so, when the shit will really hit the fan.

And I act much more angry on here than I am in real life. I mean if you were one of my classmates at the University of Oregon, you would never hear me talk about any of this stuff in public. I appear mainly apathetic about political matters on campus. I know how unpopular it would otherwise make me.
    I get you're fervent about your beliefs, but you'd do well to take a course or three in logic & rhetoric. Or join some kind of debate club.
    There are so many fallacies in that Rush copypasta it makes my head hurt.

One advantage to a warmer climate: strawmen are easier to light.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    I'll admit I was wrong about gays. My new best friend in Oregon is gay and he is cool.
    I suppose that explains your pants. Undoubtedly, he's rubbing off on you.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    It is called winter.
    Yes, that's all it is. Winter.

But the leftist media is already trying to spin it into some other aspect of climate change.

And this summer, when it gets really, really hot, it would be nice if people like you and the leftist media would say, "It's just summer."
    Again, you are attempting to take single, hand-picked, short-term observation as an indication of the whole. You cannot do that when the subject, especially, is called global warming.

People bitch in the winter because it is cold; bitch in the summer because it is hot. Scientists gather measured, repeatable data, and make conclusions based on that data. A LOT of independent scientists have gathered A LOT of data and almost all of it indicates that the earth, as a whole, is warming. Even IF pollution is not the culprit, how long do you expect current waste stockpiling to be "OK" before we have other SERIOUS problems from it?

There are many large corporations which have also "bought in" to the need to reduce, reuse, recycle and are now QUITE please with their part to make things better. They are also able to do so while competing with the outdated, waste-producing, wasteful companies that will evaporate due to inefficiency (yes, this is ALL a discussion of efficiency).
    Last edited by megabyteme; 01-07-2014 at 06:34 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Oh fuck your high falutin scientific rigor meg. With insights like this:

You know how many Jovians a '14 Escalade seats comfortably?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I noticed that Canada pulled out of Kyoto because they said it would bankrupt them and it wasn't fair because third world nations were still allowed to spew out carbon with few if any restrictions.
    And the fact that our present leader is a second generation (ex) oil company employee who is totally subservient to that industry has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    The simple fact that overrules all others is consumption of oil (per country) and the winner by a massive margin at 20 million barrels per annum is the U.S. with a population of 430 million, it's nearest competitor in terms of consumption is mainland China at 6.5 million barrels with a population of 1.2 billion. With this basic math it does not take too much effort to figure out who actually is spewing out all the carbon....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

The simple fact that overrules all others is consumption of oil (per country) and the winner by a massive margin at 20 million barrels per annum is the U.S. with a population of 430 million, it's nearest competitor in terms of consumption is mainland China at 6.5 million barrels with a population of 1.2 billion. With this basic math it does not take too much effort to figure out who actually is spewing out all the carbon....
    I'm not sure those stats are current. I think in the 2010s, China is sitting at about half of US gross consumption of crude oil, and they are slated to surpass the US within the next 5-10 years unless changes are implemented. To address the per capita issue, 70% of Chinese still live in rural areas working in agriculture, but my statistic there could also be a little dated.

Let us compare notes and talk about Chinese people we know.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast