Thread: Movie Downloads For Dvd Player

Hi,

This is my first post here so I am hoping I am in the right place.

I have a Toshiba SD-R 5002 DVD-R/RW recorder in my computer and what I wanted to do was download a movie, record it and then play it on my downstairs DVD player on the TV That one is a Toshiba SD220SE. Is there a way to do this, or am I restricted to watching the Video Downloads on my computer monitor :-(.

I am no 'Techie' so a simple explanation would really be appreciated. I know there is conversion software out there somewhere, but if I don't know what I am looking for, there is not much chance of finding it.

Thanks for your time and trouble

Littlewesty

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    You probably want to make it into a VCD. Go on over here and have a read, it will guide you a bit (depending on what format you downloaded)

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/divxtovcd.htm This is for making divx to VCD (probably what you are interested in)

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Convert it into SVCD and then you can watch it on your DVDplayer.
    vcdhelp.com look here for guides on how to do that.

edit:i was too slow

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Thanks for the Help :-) Plenty for me to think about

Cheers Guys.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    most movies you download will be in avi format, install all the avi codecs including divx,xvid etc and then use the project wizard on TMPEGnc (a program you can find on kazaa to dowload). burn the file on to a cd using Nero burner (VCD) and ul be sorted, so long as ur player plays copieds!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    when i convert the avi file on temp it takes ages. is this right or do i need a faster cpu.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    Dunno about avi. I recently got a screener on dvd of die another day in ntsc format. As my friend cant watch ntsc on his tv he gave me the dvd and I made it into a PAL-VCD (redoing the video as well as the sound). All in all it took me about 4h from ripping the dvd till the burning process was done. I have a amd xp2400 as my stationary system.