Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: List of list of Good movies & TV series of 2013

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    During the family dinner scene when McConaughey's character was tanked but obligated to give the appearance of being sober,there was just so much going on I think I came.
    And then when things didn't play out like Woody expected them to I think I had a multiple orgasm.

I'm pretty sure that to be that fucking awesome at acting one has to be stoned out of one's gourd, so good job, casting director.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-16-2014 at 12:55 AM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    If anyone's looking for another excellent show Hannibal premiered in 2013 and is returning for it's second season in a month. It's based off of Red Dragon (ie before Silence of the Lambs) and is amazingly well done. Mads Mikkelsen is brilliantly creepy as Hannibal and apparently it runs in the family as his brother was just as excellent as Charles Augustus Magnussen in Sherlock. And contrary to the name of the show Mikkelsen doesn't carry the show on his own, and Hugh Dancy arguably does an even better job as Will Graham.

PS Only precaution is don't watch it if you have a weak stomach. Or if you're eating. Although that's to be expected, and anything less would be a disappointment.

PPS Idol clearly cant comprehend large numbers since this thread says 2013

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I like the offerings listed in both yours and aby's lists vs the mainstream-sort that appears on the site's main page. I've been largely disappointed (does not mean not entertained) with this year's overt offerings. Maybe the gems are in need of some digging this year.
    With Her, American Hustle, and 12 Years a Slave I'd argue this has been one the strongest years we've had in a while.
    Last edited by Rart; 01-16-2014 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Hannibal
    Definitely the best looking show of last year. Still baffles me how they can get away with that kind of gore on network tv. Turned me on to Mikkelsen's work. Caught a film he was in called The Hunt/Jagten, pretty good. He reminds me of an older version of Jamie Lannister's actor from Thrones. Danes, man.

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    True Detective gets my vote!

(Something about surreal detective series.... dark, intriguing subplot, great plot, great acting, great directing always gets me in the boo-boo.)

(I even liked "The Killing" on AMC.)
    Last edited by Stehle; 01-16-2014 at 04:44 PM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    I was a big fan of before midnight also. The dialog is so natural

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    true detective !

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Grabbing the first couple of True Detective, thanks for the notice.

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Must admit I like Suits a lot at the moment. One of the best series in a while to be honest.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    Started Masters of sex and it's pretty good

10. Movies & TV   -   #30

Unsure

Game of Thrones is the best of 2013.. the suspense and the wait for 2014 season
    is killing me...

Game of Thrones is the best of 2013.. the suspense and the wait for 2014 season
    is killing me...
    Last edited by MikieTham; 01-21-2014 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast