Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite films to look forward to in 2014

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by piercerseth View Post
    Snowpiercer http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706620/ Region B bluray hits in April.
    Available now. Thanks for the heads-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Available now. Thanks for the heads-up.
    Watched the 1080 last night, enjoyed it quite a bit. Total Terry Gilliam and Jeunet vibe.

If you're not familiar with Joon-ho's previous work, be sure to check out Host & Mother. Both excellent.

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    On that rec, walking downstairs to watch Snowpiercer right now.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    On that rec, walking downstairs to watch Snowpiercer right now.
    I'm curious to hear what you have to say about it. My gf better articulated the particular aesthetic as: "dystopian whimsy/grim Wes Anderson." Hipster bitch.

I wonder how something ostensibly oddball like Guardians of the Galaxy gets a huge ass summer blockbuster release & promotion while this is relegated to a couple art house venues. *shrugs*

5. Movies & TV   -   #35
    I wonder how something ostensibly oddball like Guardians of the Galaxy gets a huge ass summer blockbuster release & promotion while this is relegated to a couple art house venues. *shrugs*
    The powers that be have to keep this sort of film out of the eyes of the masses or else people would begin to see the injustice, dehumanization, and emptiness of the system, man.

Actually, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I did not give it any analytic thought until I was through with it, which did make me realize I had seen most every idea used in other films- just not so many of those elements mixed together. I enjoyed that there were more than a couple "surprises" and that we weren't limited to a single moment of wow-ishness.

Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by megabyteme; 03-22-2014 at 11:53 AM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    The powers that be have to keep this sort of film out of the eyes of the masses or else people would begin to see the injustice, dehumanization, and emptiness of the system, man.
    A short and annoying primer on the business of show.

Business is like a greedy child.It wants everything yet craves stability and fears the unknown.It would rather grow comfortably fat on junk food than momentarily suffer eating broccoli even if it knows that it will be the better for eating the broccoli.

Apparently Meg is also show business.

PS Also there's the Jew's to consider.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    Transformers and X-Men

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    GODZILLA

...meets Heisenberg

yes... I grew up with the movies and I love the roar... but don't use it as a ring tone... some people get annoyed.

Actually, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I did not give it any analytic thought until I was through with it, which did make me realize I had seen most every idea used in other films- just not so many of those elements mixed together. I enjoyed that there were more than a couple "surprises" and that we weren't limited to a single moment of wow-ishness.
    ]
    Kewl.... Now I'm curious.... I'll check it out
    Last edited by Vestibule; 04-03-2014 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated and disciplined.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestibule View Post
    GODZILLA

...meets Heisenberg

1. Please, oh please, oh pleeeese, don't let them fuck it up like they did with the Broderick version.

2. I hope you enjoy Snowpiercer. Worthy of a viewing, IMO. Check out 13 Sins since you like that genre as well.

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestibule View Post
    GODZILLA

...meets Heisenberg

1. Please, oh please, oh pleeeese, don't let them fuck it up like they did with the Broderick version.
    The director had a career as a visual effects person , the guy who wrote the script has zero experience and the man who wrote the story is responsible for The Expendables and the atrocity that is the movie version of Doom.
    If you are banking on the cast somehow saving it then I should point out that before hitting with Argo,Cranston starred in John Carter,Red Tails, the Total Recall remake and Rock of Ages.
    Yeah, this will be real good.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast