Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is wii u really a failure

Just wondering what people think of the wii u situation, can it be saved and should iwata step down, i am enjoying the games on the wii u but where are all the 3rd party games, and there are not enough 1st party titles, what are your thoughts.

2. Games   -   #2
    i have never met anyone who has owned one, I think it is done.

3. Games   -   #3
    I am not so sure it is. I know a number of people who are still interested.

4. Games   -   #4
    I'm waiting for my co-worker to lose interest in his so I can scoop it up from him on the cheap. The Mario World game looks like a lot of fun. I need to see Mario in HD.

5. Games   -   #5
    I think the Wii U went the wrong direction in keeping a device in the hands of the player. They put the motion sensor tech out there and should have continued with it, becoming the wireless choice for gaming. I think they missed the mark and will struggle greatly in the years to come. It may take a complete new system from them to get them back near the market share they once enjoyed.

6. Games   -   #6
    I'll be waiting for a nice price-drop and buy one. It has a bunch of good games, and by the time the price drop comes, there will be even more games to make it worth the price - especially if you have kids, you cannot beat Mario for a role model in terms of gaming.

7. Games   -   #7
    I think it might be saved with a price drop and re-branding - e.g. Wii 2. Lots of people don't even realise it's a new console, Nintendo has done pretty bad marketing on that front.

I've been playing a lot of CoD: Ghosts on mine. I'm not so much a CoD fan, but playing an FPS with the wiimote/nunchuk is stupidly good fun. I could never go back to a normal controller on a console.

8. Games   -   #8
    I don't think the wii u is a failure. Nintendo markets to kids games and family party games. I own a wii and wii u along with my PS3 and Xbox360.

9. Games   -   #9
    I think they should step aside and just become a third party developer. That is where they have always made their money and them being able to put out their franchises across all other platforms would be ideal.

10. Games   -   #10
    I do like the Nintendo series, and I'm waiting for a price drop as well before buying one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast