Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Downloading Music Is Illegal

Originally posted by Adster@25 November 2003 - 04:50
    Not me!
    I bet a RIAA manager got fuck off mp2s on his pc.

2. File Sharing   -   #62
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    mp2s??/ i know what mp3s are but what are mp3s

3. File Sharing   -   #63
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Adster@25 November 2003 - 13:34
    mp2s??/ i know what mp3s are but what are mp3s
    what the hell

4. File Sharing   -   #64
    Originally posted by legal_person@25 November 2003 - 01:24
    Hahaha, you people make me laugh! You guys have the worst logic I've seen in quite a while! Mainly those of you who cry "file-sharing will never die, screw the RIAA!"... I never said it would die. I simply said that what you're doing is wrong. You can keep filesharing as long as you please, but you can't deny that what you're doing is wrong. Except of course for those of you who download non-copyrighted files.

But seriously, you guys are HILARIOUS! Sparkle1984, you're the most entertaining. You rave on and on and on about how determined you are to share and how you don't care at all about "threats" by the RIAA. Dude, get a life! If you don't care about my "threats" then why are you wasting your time on this forum? Haha, dude, you're such a loser. Get a girlfriend and get a job, do something real with your life.

Anyways, keep arguing with me, i'm enjoying it.
    :flame:

Get a girlfriend??!!! I am a girl !!! Why do you assume everyone on this forum is a man??!! Get a job??!! I'm a computing science student at university, and I have 2 little part-time jobs, if you really want to know!! I am very busy with my coursework, so now I only spend about an hour a day on this forum. Even though I don't care about your threats, I come on this forum because I like talking about filesharing, and sharing my thoughts openly, and getting ideas from others.

5. File Sharing   -   #65
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Good for you Sparkle1984
    That made my day - really did roflmfao........

6. File Sharing   -   #66
    internet.news
    Originally posted by legal_person@22 November 2003 - 23:46
    I don't care how much money artists or the RIAA make, downloading music is illegal. You can't justify breaking the law just because you don't think it's fair that the music industry makes too much money. That's capitalism at work. If you don't like it, move to North Korea and see how much you like communism.
    the only mistake at communism is: you cannot expect people of sharing
    their thoughts & files openly cause they are just humans - that is sad...

so I am happy to see someone sharing

and yeah there is more behind sharing: exchanging thoughts openly
    could lead to a better understanding

7. File Sharing   -   #67
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984+25 November 2003 - 17:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparkle1984 @ 25 November 2003 - 17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-legal_person@25 November 2003 - 01:24
    Hahaha, you people make me laugh&#33; You guys have the worst logic I&#39;ve seen in quite a while&#33; Mainly those of you who cry "file-sharing will never die, screw the RIAA&#33;"... I never said it would die. I simply said that what you&#39;re doing is wrong. You can keep filesharing as long as you please, but you can&#39;t deny that what you&#39;re doing is wrong. Except of course for those of you who download non-copyrighted files.

But seriously, you guys are HILARIOUS&#33; Sparkle1984, you&#39;re the most entertaining. You rave on and on and on about how determined you are to share and how you don&#39;t care at all about "threats" by the RIAA. Dude, get a life&#33; If you don&#39;t care about my "threats" then why are you wasting your time on this forum? Haha, dude, you&#39;re such a loser. Get a girlfriend and get a job, do something real with your life.

Anyways, keep arguing with me, i&#39;m enjoying it.
    :flame:

Get a girlfriend??&#33;&#33;&#33; I am a girl &#33;&#33;&#33; Why do you assume everyone on this forum is a man??&#33;&#33; Get a job??&#33;&#33; I&#39;m a computing science student at university, and I have 2 little part-time jobs, if you really want to know&#33;&#33; I am very busy with my coursework, so now I only spend about an hour a day on this forum. Even though I don&#39;t care about your threats, I come on this forum because I like talking about filesharing, and sharing my thoughts openly, and getting ideas from others. [/b][/quote]
    Hey, we&#39;re not judgemental here, you can still get a girlfriend.

8. File Sharing   -   #68
    legal_person
    My bad, I should have know that Sparkle, your name would be a pretty faggotty name for a guy.

Some of you bring up good points, but a lot of your arguments are still laughable. For example:

Pirating mp3s is wrong? What about price fixing, screwing over the artists and pumping the mainstream media full of crappy artists. Thats wrong and this is making it more fair. (posted by Arm)

First, screwing over the artists...how the heck are you helping the artists in any way? Sure, you might be helping them get known, but you&#39;re also distributing their music for free and that doesn&#39;t profit them at all. Second, pumping the mainstream media full of crappy artists...from what I see, those "crappy artists" in the mainstream are making the most money and getting the most popularity. They have countless more fans than the non-mainstream bands, so obviously they aren&#39;t as crappy as you say they are. And as for price fixing...well, it is their industry, and like I said earlier, we do practice capitalism in this country (thank goodness for that) so they can set whatever price they see fit.

And lastly, some of you are accusing me of focusing on something small like filesharing and overlooking murder, drugs, and embezzlement. Let me ask you all this, how many murders, druggies, and embezzlers are there in this forum? Except for all the loser druggies, I&#39;d have to say not a lot. So, in light of that, what&#39;s the point of me focusing on condemning murder and other serious crimes in a "FILESHARING" forum?? Of course I&#39;m going to point out how sharing copyrighted songs is wrong--it&#39;s what practically all of you are doing&#33;

But keep debating. I want to hear more arguments. So far, I haven&#39;t seen a single one that comes close to proving me wrong. The type of people I&#39;ve seen are

1. The non-copyrighted song downloader- you&#39;re legal...you&#39;re also cool.
    2. The justification person- you love to find reasons why you&#39;re actions aren&#39;t THAT illegal. For example: "The RIAA is dumb, so what I&#39;m doing is okay&#33;" or "Murdering people is worse than filesharing, so I&#39;m not really doing anything that bad&#33;"...you people are confused, and you don&#39;t have very good logic.
    3. The insult people- you guys love to insult the RIAA, figures in authority, and me. You&#39;re just stupid, not to mention funny to read. Do you think I really care about your opinion? I put out facts, and you make yourself look stupid by offering up a completely subjective opinion. Keep smoking pot, but stay out of this forum while you&#39;re doing it.

9. File Sharing   -   #69
    Originally posted by Adster@25 November 2003 - 12:34
    mp2s??
    mp2&#39;s are mpeg-2&#39;s
    svcd video files
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

10. File Sharing   -   #70
    Do you think I really care about your opinion? I put out facts, and you make yourself look stupid by offering up a completely subjective opinion. Keep smoking pot, but stay out of this forum while you&#39;re doing it.
    Hey, this is our forum (of filesharers)&#33;&#33; And now you are barging in here, trying to start a flame-war, insulting people and acting as if you have a right to say that other people should stay out&#33;&#33;

If you don&#39;t care about our (filesharers) opinions, then why did you come in here in the first place?&#33;&#33; Just to try to annoy people?&#33;&#33; Are you a filesharer, by the way?

And also, faggot is not a very nice word, so I don&#39;t know why you used it; it could be construed as homophobic.

You put out facts??&#33;&#33; You don&#39;t even know what a fact is&#33;&#33; You started rambling on saying that everyone on here should move to North Korea, but hardly anyone over there has internet access anyway&#33;&#33; So what a pointless comment that was&#33;&#33;

Capitalism and current world trade laws have caused untold suffering to many thousands of people, particularly in the developing world. It has caused wars, environmental damage and human exploitation (multinational corporations operate sweatshop factories where employees are only paid a very low amount of wages, causing extreme poverty).

OK, the other extreme that they have in North Korea is not good either.

I would rather have a world order that is based on fair trade not free trade, sharing, peace, equality, respect for humanity and the environment.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast