Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2027282930

Thread: Shows worth Watching

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    The only other good ones that I haven't already mentioned are: Thor: Ragnarok, Wonder Woman, American Made, Wind River, John Wick 2
    I can't even remember which season of Bosch I'm on-- they all look the same to me...
    Unlocked was alright. Sadly, 'entertaining' is all we can say about any of the top movies of the year, and *much* less about anything else that came out.
    Shape of Water is literally a remake of Splash written by a goth kid who had to turn in an 'original' script for his homework. Watchable, but once you know where the *entire* storyline was stolen from, it doesn't deserve any awards.
    Thor: Ragnarok, Wonder Woman, American Made, Wind River, John Wick 2

I haven't watched Wind River yet I would agree on those picks being entertaining meaning i didn't have to watch them over 3 days on the account of falling asleep through them, but i wouldn't consider them being a "New Release", if you know what i mean, but for sure entertaining in a good way, and did keep my attention, just like Unlock did. As i said i was working on my server and tried a few B Seagal movies on Netflix as well, and after 5 -10 min in i switched it to something else. Actually switched it to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, i have watched it a few times, and still find it entertaining

They put a lot of hype on Shape of Water, and i hear good and bad things about it , and really it depended on the Age of the person i asked, really the reason i didn't rush to watch it. I actually glanced through The Post dvd screener, but that i have to be in the mood...
    It really makes you think on the academy and what they look at and see how they vote for these movies that win

PS. I can say myself Meg, when it comes to a movie that has great visual effects and action, and a half decent story line, I still think Deadpool is up there on the list, especially with surround sound blasting
    Must be pretty good watching it in your theater room buddy
    Last edited by shaina; 03-08-2018 at 03:42 AM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #292
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Thor:Ragnarok was OK but I felt it had some serious missteps. I liked Wonder Woman but if you really think about it, it as a mediocre movie that's only elevated by how good Gal Gadot is in the role. Haven't seen American Made. Fan of both the leads in Wind River but it's essentially 2 hours of boredom punctuated by a couple of extremely violent action scenes. John Wick 2 I found to be a major disappointment but maybe only because of how much I liked John Wick 1.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #293
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    ...i have to say at least Mollys Game was by far one of the best movies out there to view, that i really enjoyed.

Again just my opinion...
    That was some of the inspiration (gambling), for our "Oscar®" party!! I totally agree with you!

@Meg: Thor: Ragnarok, Wonder Woman, American Made, Wind River, John Wick 2 were all very entertaining too.
    Last edited by Stehle; 03-08-2018 at 03:50 PM. Reason: 'nuff said.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

4. Movies & TV   -   #294
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Thor: Ragnarok, Wonder Woman, American Made, Wind River, John Wick 2

I haven't watched Wind River yet I would agree on those picks being entertaining meaning i didn't have to watch them over 3 days on the account of falling asleep through them, but i wouldn't consider them being a "New Release", if you know what i mean, but for sure entertaining in a good way, and did keep my attention, just like Unlock did. [...]

PS. I can say myself Meg, when it comes to a movie that has great visual effects and action, and a half decent story line, I still think Deadpool is up there on the list, especially with surround sound blasting
    Must be pretty good watching it in your theater room buddy
    Sadly, I had to review a list of the top 100 movies of 2017 to dredge up the short list that I made. New releases worth watching have been, ftmp, dreadful for the past couple months.

BEST B-movie I've seen in a while: Accident Man (2018) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6237612/

It's a good mix of cheese, action, decent storyline, fun characters.

I've found Scott Adkins to be my go-to action star when I want a decent movie to help keep me awake at work. Hard Target 2 was pretty decent, too.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Fan of both the leads in Wind River but it's essentially 2 hours of boredom punctuated by a couple of extremely violent action scenes.
    Clearly, I would have preferred 2 hours of extremely violent action, but I was willing to settle for the non-cokehead Olsen, Renner playing a marksman (I know, it's a stretch...), a decent murder mystery, and a solid stage and cinematography (albeit very white and cold*).

*Shut up

AND... Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle was really good for what it was.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 03-09-2018 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Movies & TV   -   #295
    I can't stand Kevin Hart. Won't watch any movie he is in. He's really just an annoying version of Chris Tucker (who I liked, BTW).

Unfortunately we will see more movies come out that are just remakes of older (better) movies. Hollywood has been doing it for a long time. They figure enough time has gone by and the younger people going to the movies will have been too young or not born yet to recognize the story.

I did like "American Made". Will have to check out "Wind River", even though it does look boring. I have fallen asleep during bad action movies and stayed awake for an entire drama. So you never know.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2027282930